Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which Alu Hardtail for 100-120mm forks under £350
  • keppoch

Advising my Dad on a new frame. He rides Enduros and trail centres as well as natural rides.

The steel options are pretty well discussed (Inbred, Soul, Duster, Sanderson) but coming from a Kona Hardtail and liking a light bike I think an Aluminium hardtail might be my recommendation, he really likes the Kona 1998 Munimula) but you can’t fit discs and only 80mm forks so a retirement treat is about to be purchased.

Any recommendations for an Aluminium frame that fits the bill both use and budget wise?

Cheers,

keppoch.

Jimbo
    Free Member

Kinesis Maxlight 120 thingy?

househusband

On-One Scandal?

theboatman
    Free Member

On one’s scandal, no scandium in them nowadays, so all alu. Works great with the travel you are after, in your price range and plenty of clearence for running large tyres to soften the ride a bit.

speaker2animals

Kinesis

keppoch

OK looks like I had spotted one contender (Maxlight 120) and discounted the other (Scandal, think it is a bit too ‘race’ to be confidence inspiring and comfy for an oldy)

It’s surprising how few of these frames there are considering the wealth of trail riding steel HT’s.

Any other suggestions appreciated though.

Thanks,

keppoch

nukeproof
    Free Member

Scandal, think it is a bit too ‘race’ to be confidence inspiring and comfy for an oldy

I thought they were the same geometry as the standard Inbred so not too racy plus actually quite forgiving ridewise for an aluminium frame

Surfr
    Free Member

Merlin Malt 4?

Stoner
    Free Member

scandal is surprisingly forgiving. More so than my Steel inbred IMO.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Kinesis Maxlight XC2 (for 100mm) or Maxlight XC120 (for 120mm) – love mine – you wont regret it 😉 or for steel go for the new Kinesis Decade Virtue (bit more expensive) and no I don’t work for Kinesis! Link

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Kinesis Maxlight, very good frames.

crouch_potato
    Free Member

Rock Lobster tig team sl- Merlin were doing 2008 frames for £180 recently- might want to check that out.

keppoch

Are there any differences between the 2007 and 2008 Maxlight XC120 frames?

keppoch

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which Alu Hardtail for 100-120mm forks under £350’ is closed to new replies.