Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which AA/AAA battery charger?
  • granny_ring

Think my battery charger has bitten the dust and need a replacement.

I remember reading on here a while ago about there being a charger/s that could discharge and charge each battery separately rather than all getting the same charge so giving better results.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I've tried a quick search.

Thanks in advance

Andy

uplink
    Free Member
    Wrongun
    Free Member

I have got a uniross 15 minute AA charger and batteries. I used it all last winter to power my nightriding lights. The 15 minute charge is great… seesm to work independently for each battery.

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

I'll second the battery logic one. I have one. Not the cheapest, but dead geeky.
    So many advantages being able to independently charge cells, work out which ones are bettter. And the power brick is a switcher so it runs cool (unlike most), and they sell a car adaptor. (FYO AAA's work just fine but you might need a bit of metal to lengthen the cell).

grumm
    Free Member

That battery logic thing looks good but £27.99 is way above what I can bring myself to spend on a charger. Mind you I just bought one off ebay for £1.50 then discovered it has no means of telling you when the batteries are charged.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I have one of those battery logic chargers and it works well.

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Vapextech

I got the LCD World Charger (scroll down 3rd item up on page), remember it being quite highly spoken of in connection with keeping 'that Tesco' torch going. Use it regularly for my commuter lights (a Tesco torch). Individual AA or AAA charging or combination of whatever. Been working well for me.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

The battery logic ones are the bees knees. They will charge slowly, so they don't burn out your batteries. They will also rejuvenate dead cells by slowly building back the charge – this can take a week, I know I've tried! Will charge AA and AAA at the same time. Will tell you how much life is left in your battery before recharging. They will do so much, far more than you'll need. Might be pricey, but it will last far longer and do a far better job than the B&Q cheapies.

They are the Bang and Olufsen of battery chargers.

granny_ring

Thanks guys, the battery logic was the one I remember and cheers for the link uplink!

One on its way to me.

Cheers
    Andy

bigdonx
    Free Member

Just ordered one of these myself based on above recommendations – they'll be flying of the shelves in battery logic land 😀

grumm
    Free Member

Ah sod it, it's only money eh. 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Check lidls – my local one has a very good inteliigent battery charger for much cheapness

grumm
    Free Member

Oh bugger – too late. Never mind.

granny_ring

TJ, where were you 6 hrs ago…. 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which AA/AAA battery charger?’ is closed to new replies.