Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which 9spd Cassette?
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Bent the second biggest sprocket on my SRAM 970 cassette at 24/12 at the weekend (suspect shiftting probably!)

Obviously looking to replace it – but should I go SRAM again or Shimano SLX? Not alot in it price wise.

Wasn't overly impressed with the old SRAM chain and now amazed I bent a sprocket sp thinking go back to trusty shimano.

What do the 'enlightened' masses think?

RealMan
    Free Member

I use xt..

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I did the etape on an slx cassette in order to get a decent gear spread twinned with my non compact double. Its great and gallingly only a little heavier than the old dura ace I have on it, I'd be perfectly happy to run them on my MTBs.

Used to be into SRAM transmission in a big way, but they've lost the plot lately IMO and I've gone back to Shimano.

DM52
    Free Member

How have SRAM lost the plot when it comes to transmission? (asked in the nicest possible way with out trying to provoke an agrument)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tandem experience says the cheaper ones without the alloy carrier are stronger so less likely to bend sprockets.

tinsy
    Free Member

you got unlucky bending a cassette i rekon, I was an XT user for ages but cant justify the price now, I bought a couple of HG61's from CRC tiny bit lighter than deore, doubt its as good at shedding mud as an XT or any spider type cassette, but it doesnt look as bad as deore level.

wombat

I recon you should go back to Shimano, Sram seem to rear more quickly…but that coulod just be me.

topangarider
    Free Member

Shimano it is then. I reckon Merlin have a deal on if you get a chain too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which 9spd Cassette?’ is closed to new replies.