• This topic has 24 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Which 711mm carbon bars to get and any deals on???
  • hora
    Free Member

Basically my Spank(?) bars are too bloody stiff. My hands hurt after a ride.

Which carbon/CNT ones and any deals on? North of £100 is too much 😯

passtherizla
    Free Member

You can get a set of Carbon havens for about £5 north of £100… 😕

binners

£100?!!!! £100?!!!! You could afford a proper balance bike for your son for that price!

Instead of the twenty quid piece of pig iron you’ve bought him!

hora
    Free Member

I didn’t buy him it. I went into Decathlon and both display bikes had lose ‘headsets’ along with play in the front wheels. I asked a salesman and he said ‘yup thats them’.

**** that.

honourablegeorge

Havens from Bikewagon on EBay. 3 days delivery, and they accept a “Best offer”

sambob
    Free Member

Got some 25.4 710 sunline V3’s you can have for a tenner? Just get a 25.4 stem,problem solved.

fudge9202
    Free Member

best carbon bar I’ve used is Answer Pro Tapers superb and great at taking the buzz out of the trails, I suffer sore hands aswell and these are superb even after an all day ride

SamB
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Easton CNT DH carbons you can have second-hand like. 25.4 clamp, 2″ rise. Drop me a mail if you want any more info!

hora
    Free Member
    fudge9202
    Free Member

They were bought for me by my dear wife for my birthday (she’s a gem) but I know she paid £99 from the dreaded ebay.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Sure it the bars and not the grips?
    I been useing grips with the extra support under the heel/plam of the hand if you get my meaning as I never got on with grips that came with bikes, always made my hand hurt, but then I found out there are some “thick” grips for bigger hands and they been GREAT. I use Lizard skins North Shore or as they call them large Diameter grips.
    This also helps in getting your wrist down on tech stuff.

hora
    Free Member

I know what you mean. I use Raceface good n evil for this reason. Its the thickness of the bars as well.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Ok no prob, good to know you thought about it, it might of saved you a few quid. 😉
    Sorry don’t know of any carbon bars that wide with out google bt sure you done that anyway.
    Happy huntting.

hora
    Free Member

I agree and good suggestion. I used specialized lockons before and boy my fingers/knuckles hurt! My previous EA70 bars werent too bad but these new wider ones just hurt

sssimon
    Free Member

I’ve a set of unused havens I might sell if you want to email me an offer mate

rewski
    Free Member

Carbons Havens here, great bars, no flex, my only gripe is that the logo printing came off around the brake fixings.

jambon
    Free Member

SamB – I maybe interested in yer bars.

Can’t work out hoe to message you.

Give me an email:

jamiearmstrongeditorATgmailDOTcom

sorry for the hijack.

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve got Carbon Havens and have been really happy with them.

Another option might be a Ragley Carbon Wiser bars
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=58688

dickie
    Free Member

Truvativ Noir Carbon T40’s, 700mm x 15mm rise, at Wiggle, £75 with £5 sub voucher, 1 pair left when I bought mine yesterday.
    Was waiting for Havens but I don’t think I’ll notice 5.5mm less at each end.

br
    Free Member

I run the older Easton carbon DH’s, brill bars.

if I was buying now, it’d be the carbon Haven’s.

DaveRambo

Buys some new padded gloves ? £25
    Don’t put so much weight on your arms? £0

Saved you £75 there 🙂

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Azonic Double walls, though not carbon, have a vibration reducing design~ after a world of arm pump pain, they have given me respite.

Northwind

Guess you don’t want my Monkeylite DHs?

Easton Haven should be top of your list if money allows- XC light, DH tough. But expensive. Though, I’ll be honest and say I can never tell any difference between stiffness in any of my bars.

jambon
    Free Member

Hijack

SamB, I’m interested in some Easton CNT DH 25.4 clamp bars at a good price.

jamiearmstrongeditorATgmailDOTcom

Oh, +1 on The Answer Pro Tapers although I don’t know if they’re available in 710mm. The old Answers definitely had some give in them wheres Easton’s always seem to be solid.

These are new so no idea:

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=94&p=1063&

hora
    Free Member

Northwind what bars?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Which 711mm carbon bars to get and any deals on???’ is closed to new replies.