Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which 650b+ tyres
  • chambo82
    Free Member

Want to get a set of 3″ tyres for me new Stooge and looking for options, the Nobby Nics look like good option but not sure of how they wear ? Will be run tubeless aswell
    Cheers

davewalsh
    Free Member

Well I loved the vittoria bomboloni that I had on the front of my solaris, however the clearance wasn’t good enough and started to wear the insides of the fork. If I had a boost fork and clearance at the back, it would be top of my list. Never been a fan of Schwalbe personally.

clubby

Running maxxis rekon + 2.8″. Plenty big enough, loads of grip but roll really well. Went up easily tubeless as well. Tread pattern is like a huge Ardent with a bit of High Roller 2 mixed in.

honourablegeorge

Found Nobby Nics OK, but kept puncturing the rear on jumps and drops, any kind of rocky landing and it was done for, unless I ran it at 35+ PSI, which defeats the purpose.

Running Rekon rear and DHF front now, seems to be better than the Nics at everything.

siwhite
    Free Member

I have a set of Specialized Purgatorys in 3″ on a 29″ Stumpjumper. I’ve only had a chance to ride at Swinley but I’m really happy with them. Capable of running low pressures (under 15 psi – I must order a decent pressure gauge) and I’ve not lacked for grip once. Seem to roll well – certainly well enough for my liking.

jam-bo

Capable of running low pressures (under 15 psi – I must order a decent pressure gauge) and I’ve not lacked for grip once

watch out for rocks…

happybiker
    Free Member

What’s the clearance on your Stumpy like, and what year is it Siwhite? I’ve tried a 650 x 2.5 in mine but want to try 2.8 or 3.0. Mines a 2016 Stumpy 29er.

siwhite
    Free Member

Happybiker – clearance is fine. About 20mm above the top of the tyre. Closer to the sides – about 5mm each side – but I keep away from epic mud if at all possible. Front (29″ Pikes) is about the same.

happybiker
    Free Member

I might give them a go in the summer. I’ve currently got a 2.8 NN up front which will go in the rear and then I’ll look at someone a bit bigger to stick up front.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which 650b+ tyres’ is closed to new replies.