Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which 650b Cyclocross tyre
  • thwapy
    Free Member

Apart from the Schwalbe G-One – which version do I need?!

Are there any others out there worth considering for off road fun?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’ve just got a Thunder Burt and a Racing Ralph to try on my bike.
    Both 2.1’s so a bit wider than the G-Ones but should be pretty good off road.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Not sure how anyone would know what you need – have you asked your coach 😉

If you want to go off-road on a CX bike (which is what it’s designed for) then you don’t need anything in particular…just CX tyres…or am I misunderstanding you here ?

Does your CX bike really not take 700c/29er wheels ? That would make things much simpler.

thwapy
    Free Member

Nope its a Slate – 650b only, hence asking as I know there is a massive amount around for 700c/29er 😆

and ‘Need’ – ok wrong turn of phrase – Looking into it a bike more it looks like the only 650b in 1.5 is: Schwalbe G-One Evo MicroSkin TL-Easy Folding MTB Tyre

But they also do:
    Schwalbe G-One All Round Road Tyre – RaceGuard
    Schwalbe G-One Speed SnakeSkin TL-Easy Folding MTB Tyre
    Schwalbe G-One Allround Folding Tyre – 40-584
    etc…

1-shed
    Free Member

I’m currently using WTB horizion 47c and they’re bringing out the byway which is more of a semi slick. Horizon is great on hard pack.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Sorry thwapy – I was reading your post too literally 😉

I wasn’t aware of 650b CX bikes…but do like Cannondales !

Out of curiosity, what width of tyre can you fit on that bike ? Some like these Marathons might be good for a mix of road and trail:

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/tyres-large/275-x-210-54584-schwalbe-marathon-plus-mtb-hs468-tyre-275-inch-584/

thwapy
    Free Member

No worries DiscJockey!

The Slate (everything crossed) arrives on Friday, once i have it built up I will check the clearance there is with the 650b 42’s that should be on it and go from there. I doubt I will get 2.1’s on but will see…

Anyway I have just ordered a pair of G-One’s, as it looks like the only real option and they get great reviews, even if they do not seem to last long. The stock tyres look fine for on road but fairly useless off and that is where I intend to do most of my riding with it. I’m looking forward to the rumour of WTB Nano’s coming out in 650b 42c being true….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which 650b Cyclocross tyre’ is closed to new replies.