Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • which 6" travel bike is the best at climbing
  • nina
    Free Member

don't think it's a joke, just dull. but i like dull

devs
    Free Member

I'm gonna say Nomad, just to even out the Maverick crowd.

nina
    Free Member

does anyone even own a maverick?

coogan
    Free Member

a few folk with bad eyesight do

nina
    Free Member

sickos

coogan
    Free Member

I know a long armed stunna that used to have one. It got stolen. Lucky break for him I thought.

nina
    Free Member

i see…. how's that second hand french tat you bought?

loddrik
    Free Member

To answer the question, yes, I do own a maverick.

coogan
    Free Member

Second hand French tat? Buff little Mr Nina is thinking I am some one else. 🙂

nina
    Free Member

no idea, you all have lie names. i thought you were that filthy ozzy. mleh

coogan
    Free Member

Nope. You've just invited me to your wedding though. And I'm not Irish or that old mad fella.

repatriot
    Free Member

I am well impressed with my Alpine 160 but then its just an ace bike and several buddies have Nomads and they work very well up hill too!

sofaking
    Free Member

just tot prove people own them

two fugly bikes togther. mine and salsa boys

one of the big woks on his fugly machine

br
    Free Member

Something with a travel-adjust fork on the front and lock-out on the back?

And to answer my own thought, my 456Ti with a 36 talas!

juan
    Free Member

oh and it's probably a spicy

Well at least this bike is good at something else than numbers (it looks fugly, and from what I have seen rides even fuglier)

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Trek Remedy…….
    and just to take the piss, I don't want to get my Hardtail out this weekend, so I will be using it at cannock on FTD

I anyone sees me just shout – "OVER BIKED"

roughneck
    Free Member

This all started because I can not decide between a Pace 506, Cotic Hemlock, Transition Covert or a Alpine 160. They all go downhill fast but I'm not the fittest so I need all the help I can get.

huskyboy64
    Free Member

Spicy all the way………..and then down again (warp factor 9 Mr Zulu) 😀

juan
    Free Member

and then down again

Mwahahahahahah
    Sorry couldn't resist that. You guys need to try real bikes and get something else then this french crap.

jumping_flea
    Free Member

mmmm – the spicy is nice
    Get more some hill work in on a HT in big ring and you'll be flying up the hills and not care what bike you are on

james
    Free Member

"the best compromise is the VPP suspension that stiffens up under pedal pressure but is supple enough to achieve the grip required"

I would have thought something with anti squat would be better? ie whereas an FSR sits into its travel to achieve the traction (unlike a single pivot which stiffens under pedalling) a DW link will cause the suspension to extend (lifting the back end, steepening the angles) and digging in to give traction?

A Kona magic link should be half decent as it steepens up under pedalling
    Else a bionicon in steep mode shouldn't be bad either?

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Yup, my Bionicon Golden Willow with someone considerably fitter, quicker and lighter than me riding it. 😀

Another vote for the '08-ish Enduro with E150 fork.

Never ridden a better climbing bike than my S-Works with the forks dropped and pro-pedal to firm.

It goes down pretty damned well too, although not quite as well as my old '06 Enduro (which climbed like dog with two broken back legs) – the '08 is by far and away the better all round bike though.

roughneck
    Free Member

So which one dose climb better, Pace 506, Cotic Hemlock, Transition Covert or a Alpine 160.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Would agree with a Bionicon in climb mode. Of all the bikes I demoed, that puts you in the best position for going up

aviemoron
    Free Member

Maverick ML8

muggomagic

It took me quiet some years to work it out, but most bikes climb better if you ride them uphill regularly. Probably something to do with bedding in the suspension or tyres or something?!

auricgoldfinger

If the 5 Spot is anything to go by, the DW RFX, when it comes out. Or a Nicolai Helius AM.

jedi

i bet the scott genius feels nice on climbs.

How do those Mav's actually work – there looks like there should be an extra pivot/bushing by the bottom of the shock gaitor?

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘which 6" travel bike is the best at climbing’ is closed to new replies.