Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Which 50mm or less stem?
  • bigred1989
    Free Member

Looking to replace my stem for a 50mm or less one, any recommendation? Just bought a new bike and the reach is a little more than what im used to..

In true STW fashion – the one I own. Easton Haven – ’tis lovely

Northwind

Pro FRS or Gusset Staff if you want cheap but excellent- though the Pro graphics are pretty rotten. I’d challenge anyone to pepsi-taste-test these and the much more expensive flasher competition tbh.

Syntace Megaforce 2 gets great reviews if you want to spend more.

bigred1989
    Free Member

i was thinking of a funn strippa or funnduro stem, not bad priced, seem to get good reviews and dont look to bad either, any thoughts?

matther01
    Free Member

I have an Easton Haven all black and it looks lovely, but only comes in 0 degree rise and 55mm.

Have ordered a Syntace Megaforce 2 from the US. They start at 30mm, look good, really light and are meant for all mountain and bars up to 800mm and have a 5 degree rise. Bit pricey mind and shipping is going to take a while. 🙁

mindmap3
    Free Member

Thomson X4 stem. Have them on both my bikes.

They seem yo be getting discounted a fair bit these days so aren’t too expensive. I think they look lovely.

tomaso
    Free Member

I’ve had Funn stems before and no complaints. Have a look on CRC at what’s cheap in the lengths you want. I’ve not had a crap stem since 1994 and its all down to looks and price really.

Rorschach
    Free Member

NormalMan

Adding to STW tradition, I’m happy with my RaceFace Chester.

Alex

Easton Haven’s are very nice, and surprisingly light if you care about such things. But as said no rise, 55mm only. Merlin had some on offer for £45.

I also have Thomson X4 and a Nukeproof in about that length. All super stiff and non creaky. The Renthal looks great, but it was a hunk of cash when I looked at them.

messiah
    Free Member

How about 35mm?

35mm El Guapo Corto Stem – Linky £39.99

sq225917
    Free Member

Rental as long as your bars have a wide enough center section, Enve riders need not apply.

akira

Get a Straitline stem, lovely and all the colours under the sun are available.

goodgrief
    Free Member

Just gone from a Burgtec Enduro which is massive and heavy to a Mortop STC and couldn’t be happier. The (split) clamp is really wide and the machining is impressive. They do 32, 45, 50mm lengths and pretty colours!

gonzy
    Free Member

currently using a Race Face Diabolus D2 stem. 50mm with 0 degree rise. its a bit heavy but boy is it stiff!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Which 50mm or less stem?’ is closed to new replies.