Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Which 3DS
  • verses

Mini Vs has requested a 3DS for xmas. I’m a bit out of touch as to what’s what with Gameboys, so don’t know what to get.

There seems to be a 2DS, a 3DS, a 3DS XL and a “new” model with improved 3d viewing angles and additional buttons/better “c-stick” (not sure this latter one is actually out in the UK yet).

I’m pretty sure the 2DS is the lame-duck of the bunch, but other that that can anyone shed any light on what one Santa/I should be getting and whether there’s any other variants I’ve missed?

Cheers,
    V

soma_rich
    Free Member

Some kids get headaches and feel sick with the 3D activated, my boy leaves the 3D off all the time on his 3DS wish I bought the 2DS now.

The augmented reality stuff was pretty cool for 5 mins but that’s it really. I would go for the 2DS or the 2DS XL if I were you.

verses

Thanks for that.

With the non-XL/XL are there any differences other than the screen-size?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    verses

After a bit of googling about I think I’ve decided to get her the smaller 3DS.

2DS
    – Doesn’t have the clamshell form factor which would be a pain.

3DS XL
    – Might be a bit big/heavy for small hands and would take up more room when travelling.
    – Also, it looks like the 3DS XL is going to be replaced with a newer version straight after xmas, so seems daft to spend that much more on it when it’ll be obsolete almost straight away.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Which 3DS’ is closed to new replies.