Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which 29er hardtail?
  • huffnblow
    Free Member

Ok,so I’ve got £600 and was looking at a Cube Acid.
    Anyone got one?
    Any other suggestions?

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Voodoo Bizango.

Currently £480, air fork with 15mm axle, 2 x 10 Deore gears, Shimano brakes, nice tyres and sorted geometry.

danti

2nd hand On one Parkwood

Northwind

Bizango is bloody good, change the name on the side and people’d consider it a bargain at a grand. Budget for a front tyre though, ardents aren’t for november.

jonnyboi

Second hand?

Otherwise the bizango is a great shout, I had a MK 1 version for a while. Start saving for lighter wheels though

coomber
    Free Member

Those cubes always seem to be very bland and old school to me

funkmasterp

Shameless plug – a nice 2014 medium Transition Trans AM that I happen to be selling – shameless plug ends.

wukfit
    Free Member

I’ve got a 10% off code for Halfords if you want it, and you should then be able to get another 10% off for British cycling
    So you could get the boardman above for under £500, or the pro version for £680ish if you can stretch your budget

z1ppy

I agree with Coombes about the cube, but that might suit you.. Canyon’s 29er HT offering are good value but suffer from similar geometry. The Bizango is more progressive geo wise, is a great buy, especially with CTC membership, or other discount options (it gone up slightly since the thread was posted)) and/or wait for their flash sales. For me the Whyte 29er HT’s (2nd hand) are a better bet, but as their geometry evolves every year to year, you need to know which version your buying Kona always a decent take on 29er HT’s with their old Tora, new Honzo. As per funkm, there also lots of good steel frame available.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which 29er hardtail?’ is closed to new replies.