Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Which 29er Fork?
  • notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’ve decided that I need to put some suspension forks on my SS 29er, as nice as the carbon Niners are, it’s not the ideal bike for rides longer than a couple of hours.

Any suggestions for 29er forks, 100mm travel and must be black?

I’ve been looking at Reba’s and can’t decide whether the SIDS are worth the extra mone over the Reba’s?

Any other suggestions or has anyone seen any good deals kicking about?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

x-fusion slides? 120mm but internally adjustable, no special tools required and about 30 seconds work apparently.

I’ve got some on my FF29 and have been really pleased so far.

Clicky Linky

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

My 29er fork 8)

bikeneil
    Free Member

X Fusion for me too. They remind me of late nineties bombers. Ace!!

z1ppy

where’d you get em from Ivan? Only ask as I like the look of the Trace, but can’t find any ‘deals’
    (though I know there a lot cheaper than the competition)

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I got them through my LBS but you should be able to get them through anywhere with an Upgrade account to be honest.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Double post.

z1ppy

cheers

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

I’ve not been overly impressed with my Rebas, very short service intervals!

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

My mate has some 2012 Sid RL QR 100mm travel 180mm ish 1″1/8th steerer white normal crown lockout I think he is after £215 posted for them.

st

I bought some Slides not long ago and haven’t been too impressed. At the moment I’m on the verge of playing around with the oil level in the air spring side as I can’t get anywhere near the full 120mm travel, even with all the air released they will only compress just over 100mm. Bought second hand (but clearly hardly used) so no chance of a warranty.

Otherwise apart from the cheap looking stickers they seem like a nice simple fork.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

st- are you sure the travel hasn’t been reduced internally?

I think there are a couple of versions of the decals as mine don’t match the ones on the website.

st

Ivan, no idea although they were advertised as 120mm travel with no mention of the spacers having been added. The manual that came with the forks gave no indications as to any servicing instructions so at some point i’ll get round to contacting whoever deals with the forks in the UK to ask for some guidance, in fact I should do it now….

The style of the stickers is fine but the stickers themselves look a bit crude, not an issue and I could always take them off.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m not too sure on the X-Fusion forks, probably just because I don’t really know much about them.

I love the look of the lefty on Chunky’s bike but they seem pretty expensive and again I don’t really know anything about them.

calumf50
    Free Member

Where do you buy lefty forks from?

hummerlicious
    Free Member

FF29 by South Downs MTB Skills, on Flickr

I’ve got the Slides on mine too, they work great and are really stiff. It just takes a little time to get the air pressure right, the chart on the fork as a little over sprung. I run a bit less air than recommended for best results.

stufield
    Free Member
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Which 29er Fork?’ is closed to new replies.