Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which 26" road tyres? (yes, its a tyre thread :) )
  • spooky_b329

My wife has just got a roadbike and is about to start training for ‘that’ ride, starting at the top of Scotland and finishing at the bottom of England.

I was going to buy myself a roadbike but to save a bit of cash I’m just going to put some road tyres on my hardtail to give me half a chance of keeping up on her training rides.

Top of the list is Schwalbe Marathon 26 x 1.3/8 Touring Tyre @ £25.00, seems a bit lighter than average, has some puncture protection, and appears to be a sensible width for my 24mm rims.

Any other suggestions?

IHN

I used to use Conti Ultragators on my commuter. Fast and puncture free.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Conti sport contact

jonk

Panaracer Ribmo’s are the best 26 inch road tyres i have ever used and many will say the same. Good puncture protections too.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

conmtisport contact – the puncture proof bit really works

spooky_b329

Thanks Guys 🙂 Plenty more to think about!

Markie
    Free Member

Schwalbe Kojaks here, love them even though they lack the rad of the Super Motos!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

The sport contacts are pretty slow and heavy but very puncture proof. Gatorskins & Grand Prix are much faster, as is Spesh All Condition Pro.

tomaso
    Free Member

Not Michelin XC 26 inch slicks as they puncture if there is some glass on the other side of the road.

Nokians used to be good, not sure if you can still get them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which 26" road tyres? (yes, its a tyre thread :) )’ is closed to new replies.