Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which 2.4 Tubeless Tyre
  • BIGMAN
    Free Member

Right more tyre advice needed.

I need a tough durable fast rolling 2.4 tyre for commuting duties. 18 miles each way mostly on a gravel fireroad with odd tarmac stretch.

I am currently using ikons and I am forever getting punctures.

I was eyeing up a Conti X King Protection or Geax Suguaro although the latter is narrower than I want really as want some cushioning.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Black Chilli X Kings roll superbly, but like any 2.4 tyre it’s not going to be as quick as a skinny tyre or slick.

Whether it’s any more puncture resistant than your Ikon is debatable.

Out of interest, how old are your Ikons?

robware
    Free Member

If it’s just for commuting, why not a touring tyre like a Schwalbe Marathon?

BIGMAN
    Free Member

I should add I need a 29er flavour!

The commute on the way home often turns into an XC ride along the North Downs Way. I also ride the rigid on a weekend when its really shitty hence wanting somthing with more float.

Ikons are 4 months old but hardly worn. I have used Bonty XR1s before this and killed those too.

I havebeen using retired XC rubber but it seems to be backfiring now!

g5604
    Free Member

Dare I suggest tubeless ? My ikons have been great, although they are the EXO version.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

They are tubeless and also the ex version!

Yak

The 2.4 x king is only a hairs width larger than the 2.2 saguaro. The x king is small for a 2.4, more like a 2.3 and the saguaro is a proper 2.2 with lots of volume.

So, out of your choice- I would go both. X king on the front and the saguaro on the rear.

Neither are ‘tough’ though. I’ve slashed sidewalls on both these in the last few weeks. ‘Protection’ only means less shit than racesport.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Anything else out there that is good?

Yak

Sorry – makes them sound like duffers! They are both good tyres, and fairly durable too. I like them both. It’s just that I’ve slashed both of them and a control cased fast-trak too recently. Might just be me!

There is the TNT version of the saguaro though. That will probably be the one to go for if you want tough.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Ordered – thanks!

Spice
    Free Member

Yeah X kings have good volume and roll well for there size

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which 2.4 Tubeless Tyre’ is closed to new replies.