Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • which £2000 Medium sized estate…
  • bikerbruce
    Free Member

What is good to get for that? Im looking around that price point something volvo v60 size for reference…

Pieface

At that price probably an Astra. You see loads around of all sorts of she’s so they must be OK.

Buying a certain brand wont guarantee a good car. Too many variables so you need to look for one that’s been looked after

johndoh
    Free Member

Don’t buy a (dis)Astra. Hateful cars.

Gotta be a Focus really.

Pieface

Forgot the Focus.

The TDI should be OK, avoid the TDCI. 1.6 petrol should be good

bikerbruce
    Free Member

Im thinking petrol based on the type of driving I do

qwerty
    Free Member

307SW / HDI

althepal

Had a couple of focuses (foci?) and they have been pretty good. Both 1.6 petrols. Seems to be an issue with water collecting in the spark plug wells and corroding the plugs, also had an alternator go at about 50k but apart from that no other pr

althepal

Had a couple of focuses (foci?) and they have been pretty good. Both 1.6 petrols. Seems to be an issue with water collecting in the spark plug wells and corroding the plugs, also had an alternator go at about 50k but apart from that no other problems. The 1.6 pulls ok but is never going to set the tarmac alight. If I was going for an estate with its load-lugging potential I’d get at least a 1.8.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

On the Focus theme, we had a 1.8l petrol C-Max for a few years, and it was great. Only issues were the alternator and the boot opener failing.

Comfy to be in and was nice to drive.

cr500dom
    Free Member

I`ll have a megane 1.5dci estate for sale shortly, which has had all the issues sorted.
    Cheap to tax and 50mpg around town was the reason we brought it, its done us ok for the last 2.5 years, just surplus to requirements now.
    Huge load space and a towbar for bike rack too 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘which £2000 Medium sized estate…’ is closed to new replies.