Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Which 160mm forks?
  • sprocker
    Free Member

Got some 07/08 talas at the min but got some money coming so going to treat myself to something new, looking about 550 – 600, any thoughts lyrics, 55’s etc. Going on a heckler so need to be 1 1/8 steerer and preferably black!!

jam_bo
    Free Member

Uturn lyriks

ltheisinger
    Free Member

For that budget – yep… I have to agree with Jam-bo.

Northwind

Makes sense to me, gives you the proper height adjust.

snakebite
    Free Member

2012 uturn Lyriks are still 2-3 weeks away I’m afraid….

5AM
    Free Member

Have a look for some Marzocchi 55 Ti, think you might be able to get some 2011’s for that money.
    Amazing fork!

sprocker
    Free Member

what are the marzocchi like reliability wise now

jedi

i got my 2012 marz 55 ti. love in a fork!

godzilla
    Free Member

Lyrik innit

Was keen for a pair myself but just started a new projekt, they deliver uber fast too!

Northwind

The 55s are mint… But do you reckon the Heckler will suit being stuck at 160mm all the time? I don’t tbh.

sprocker
    Free Member

I have the talas on at the minute and never drop them from 160 so happy to be fixed at that. Jedi are yours the evo ones or the standard ti

Northwind

Ah fair dos then 🙂

fivespot
    Free Member

Over the last 18 mths I have tried Fox float 160 (fit) RC2’s, Lyrik 170 solo air DH’s and now running Marzocchi 55 RC3 Ti’s all on my Alpine 160, so I know the bike well and only the forks have changed. The Marz 55 RC3 Ti’s are by far the best damped of the 3, not just in plushness, but in cornering grip and the confidence boost they give. Back that up with a 3 year warranty with NO service stipulations and a price to beat the rest. They are a touch heavier than the other 2, but then I am 14.5 stone 😳

sprocker
    Free Member

Weight is not to much of an issue as I am 15 stone, am leaning towards a 55 I just need to chose between an 2011 RC3 Ti or the 2012 micro ti, dilemma 🙂

jedi

sproker, i got the rc3 ti 2012’s

alfabus
    Free Member

I just need to chose between an 2011 RC3 Ti or the 2012 micro ti

The RC3 Ti is a coil fork, the micro ti is an air fork.

chalk and cheese.

Also to consider, because it is a Ti coil, it is closer in weight to most air forks. and also bloody lovely!

Dave

fuzzhead
    Free Member

+ on Marzo 55 RC3 ti. Have used Fox VAN RC2 & Lyrik RC2DH and they’re betterer & don’t need as much lovin’

jedi

my 55 ti are pretty much the same weight as my lyriks but wayyyyy more plush and responsive

ianv
    Free Member

The maz 55 rc3 ti if you have the money. For something cheaper, the x fusion vengeance feels really close to a marzocchi and is about £550 new. I would choose the x fusion over any coil rock shox I have ridden.
    Edit at 14 stone, you would probably need to replace the spring on the vengeance.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Also to consider, because it is a Ti coil, it is closer in weight to most air forks.

Hardly – most 160mm air forks are ~2kg & the 55ti’s are ~2.5kg.

snakebite
    Free Member

Just ordered some RC3 Ti’s, I now have more forks than our kitchen drawer…. 😳

jedi

just back from my 2nd ride on my 55 rc3 ti and they are awesome. standard ti spring too! 🙂

simonm
    Free Member

Boss Deville and be done with it

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

RC3ti – no contest!

sprocker
    Free Member

😀 job done rc3ti ordered

jedi

winner 🙂

jamesca
    Free Member

wind the clock back 2 years and marz wouldn’t have got one vote, good to see them back on form!!

Ed-O
    Free Member

Another vote for the RC3 Ti here. Just the best fork I’ve used.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I bought the 55’s RC3 Ti’s after a recommendation from Ed-O ^^^ and a wee shot of his bike. I’ve just put them onto the G-Spot after trying them on my Zesty. Really nice but they’ll suit the G-Spot better. The best thing for me is the service intervals, I was riding Fox Van’s but you try riding 6 full days a week and keeping up with the servicing on top of that… They’re slightly lighter than my Van’s too which is a bonus!

seanodav
    Free Member

Another 55 rc3ti lover here, if i was in the market for another fork it’s what i’d buy again

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Which 160mm forks?’ is closed to new replies.