Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which 140/150mm fork Fox V Rockshox
  • sparkingchains
    Free Member

I see a fair few people turning to Rockshox, complaining that Fox forks need such regular servicing and the leg coating wears quickly. I’ve seen pics of kashima legs looking knackered.

I live on the edge of the Peak District which means lots of gritty slosh.

Should I go for Revs? I’ve got about £300 as a budget so Pikes aren’t really an option.

Northwind

I’d go for Revs- a lot stiffer than 32s for one thing, and generally a better used buy (in fact brand new ones are almost in budget, though personally I’d go for a higher model, in good used condition- quite a big difference in damping.

Mind you there’s more options, you might consider a float 36 and there’s x-fusion around as well now, I’ve not tried their stuff so can’t comment. But I’d be on Revs.I paid under your budget for my Teams about 4 years ago, they’ve been superb.

saosin
    Free Member

I know you said fox or rockshox but I’d really advise checking out magura Thor’s – bloody amazing! 🙂

sam3000

I’ve never had a problem with fox forks.

Keep the stanchions and seals clean and you won’t have a problem.

They’ve just released a video on how to clean/ maintain seals without performing an oil change meaning its easier to do than with other brands, though I may be wrong on this

http://www.mojo.co.uk/dwclean.html

LoCo
    Free Member

Revs sure you’ll be able to find some Rct3 damped ones around the price

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Check out X Fusion and Suntour in that price bracket for new forks.

Northwind

Is it just me or is what that video’s saying mostly “no lubricating oil in these”. That doesn’t strike me as better.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Everyone I know who rides Fox around here mentions about the frequent servicing, I know they are much more linear than Rockshox but I’d rather pay less and service something less. Just wondering if there’s any reasons not to go for the Revs. Any suggestion as to which model would be great too. I like simplicity, I’m not a fettler! 🙂

vincienup
    Free Member

The more adjustments you have the better so long as you use them to adjust the fork for your riding (and then leave it there). If you just leave them all in the middle the at best you’ve wasted your money.

I have old blue RC2 Fox 36’s on one bike that are awesome. I love those forks to bits. I have less old but still really not new 32RLC’s on my Soul and like them. I’m putting Revs on my FS this year and don’t expect a problem with them. I loved my Reba’s on my old Inbred. I’m quite light at 72-75 kg rider weight.

The only forks I’ve had stanchion issues with are a set of old Pikes that bound in the bushing when left unridden and unclean for months. Not really their fault.

Make sure you get a 20mm version of the Rev if you’re going that way. A powerbulge set is a good thing (effectively reinforced lowers). Think carefully if you want a poplock or dual position. If you won’t use it, but one without. Dual air, rebound and compression would be my choice. Consider leaving space for a service in your budget unless you’re totally happy with the seller…

Pridds

If you do fancy a set of fox’s how about these
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-pushed-fox-36-160-talas-fit-rc2-2

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which 140/150mm fork Fox V Rockshox’ is closed to new replies.