Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Which 140-150 travel full suss has 1.5 head tube
  • paulo6624
    Free Member

Looking for a full suss frame that will take a 1.5 steerer non tapered are there any out there ?

Simon

Cannondale Prophet and Rush

z1ppy

Offhand, new Nukeproof Mega, 2nd hand a C’dale Prophet

wrecker
    Free Member

Mega?
    There’s a few with 44mm (turner 5 spot) which I think can take a 1.5 steerer.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Intense tracer,cannondale jekyll (new),nukeproof mega,cotic hemlock.

RustyMac

Any frame with a zerostack headset 44mm can be converted to take 1.5 steerer forks with a different headset. The cups sit external to the frame so extend the axle to crown length a little but this may help open up a few extra frames for you to concider.

Northwind

Late model Hemlock

paulo6624
    Free Member

Wow great response thanks guys seems like there may be more options than I though. Good news – now is anyone selling any of the above ?

pottsathome
    Free Member

Am thinking of selling my hemlock. Both sets of rockers with it. E mail. Me if interested cheers

Northwind

I reckon there’ll be an avalanche of Cotic fanbois selling Hemlocks to buy Rockets shortly 😆 (keeping mine)

paulo6624
    Free Member

Are hemlocks a decent frame ?

Northwind

I love mine… way better than I am, it’s built up big and solid (coil lyriks etc) and didn’t miss a beat at the fort william endurance dh race, but it’s still a blast on easier trails despite the capability. But then, I am a fanboy.

Only thing to watch for is the chainstays, you’d want to find one with the revised stays if you can as the original versions were a bit delicate. Cotic were great about replacing mine so I have no complaints, but it makes sense to buy one that’s already sorted.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Yeah was just reading about the rear ends hopefully if they havnt failed by now they should be ok I guess, becoming quite interested in one of these

jedi

old bottlerockets

nuke

you’d want to find one with the revised stays if you can as the original versions were a bit delicate

…although I just paid a reasonable £100 for the 2011 chainstays brand new direct. Apparently Cotic sold out of 2010 stays so they did a production run of some more stays with some design tweaks over the 2010.

Keeping my Hemlock in part due to it’s versatility particularly as I have both rockers…mines currently the other end of the spectrum to NWs really: setup as a 120mm trail bike with Fox 32 Talas (100-120-140).

paulo6624
    Free Member

Bottlerockets look cool, particuarly your new one, Nike I like the idea it’ works well as shorter travel bike as well

pottsathome
    Free Member

Luckily my frame is a later model so it’s all good.

Northwind

Out of curiosity Pottsathome, how much are you after?

doug_basqueMTB.com

The new G-Spot is 1.5″ too. Must be about time for some of them to be comming up 2nd hand.

andylux
    Free Member

Morewood Mbuzi has a 1.5 ht though I think its 160mm travel. M’wood Shova has 44mm zerostack one one eigth ht and is 145mm travel. Both lovely singlepivots which may suit you and come up on the bay and in classifieds.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Hemlocks looking good for me just having a browse around now

Gee76
    Free Member

Might just have a large ltd edition crc blue tracer for sale. Various build budget options too if you prefer a full bike?.

Gee76
    Free Member

Might just have a large ltd edition crc blue tracer for sale. Various build budget options too if you prefer a full bike?.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Which 140-150 travel full suss has 1.5 head tube’ is closed to new replies.