Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which 140-120mm Forks ???
  • bikeneil
    Free Member

I’m looking for some forks for my Cotic Soul build. What i want is 15mm axle, tapered steerer and adjustable travel upto a max of 140mm. I quite like the new Talas in white. But the Revelations all seem to be 150mm.

Can the revs be dropped to 140mm? If not, anything else i should be looking at instead of the Talas?

matther01
    Free Member

Rev’s can be dropped to 140 or 130 if needed. Velvet RL2 DLA do 110-140 as do Rock Shox Sektor RL Dual coil (but these are on the heavier side 2000g.

Most folks on here reckon 120 is the best for a Soul, but there are quite a few that run Talas forks or Revs at 130.

I got a pair of new uncut tapered Fox Float 32 Factory RLC FIT 120’s from someone on here for £400 for my Soul build.

CRC are doing white Fox 120 Terralogic RLC FIT tapered for £489 if you can afford them and live without Kashima…mine don’t.

What colour frame are you going for?

Oh there is also a Soul review with 120 and 140 forks in What Mountain bike out this month on the 23 Oct…have a read in WH Smiths.

bikeneil
    Free Member

I’ve already got an Orange Soul built up already with some 120mm Reba’s and i do find on a few occasions that i would like a bit more, but i wouldn’t want to run it at 140mm all the time. I want to put the Reba’s on another bike, hence the need for some more forks. I’m happy doing my own servicing and i don’t mind non-Kashima, but i do like the look of white lowers and Kashima :o)

Thanks for the heads up on the review. I’ll get a copy tomorrow.

bikeneil
    Free Member

When i said tomorrow, i meant the 23rd 😳

swingbing
    Free Member

I like revs over rebus for the increased tyre clearance. Rev’s can also be dropped down to 120 if you order (or bodge) another spacer.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Do the Revs come with a 10 & a 20mm spacer to lower them? If they are 150mm out the box i think id drop them to 130.

prezet
    Free Member

I run the 2013 Talas 140mm FIT RLC on my BFe – most of the time I leave them at 140mm, but it’s nice to have the option to put them down to 110mm when winching up to the top.

Got a very good deal on the forks having them shipped over from America – think it was £490 all in.

thejesmonddingo

My revs were 150mm out of the box with no spacers,so I bought a bag of spacers from TFTuned,and am running them at 130mm in a Whyte 905 frame.

1981miked
    Free Member

I ran my Soul with Sektor’s wound down to 130mm, felt perfect to me at that travel. Currently building the new frame with the tapered headtube, I’m liking the look of the X fusion velvet forks, they do them at 120 or 130mm travel, tapered steerer and 15mm axle for £305.. Can’t say fairer than that. Lighter than 2012 Reba and get a great review. CRC are doing 2011 Fox 32”s with tapered steerer, 120mm travel and 15mm axle for £325 tho..

Deal on the X fusion looks better IMO, plus they won’t need services every 2 minutes.

Scamper
    Free Member

Gone from qr 120 reba to 2010 20mm revs with a 10mm spacer at 140mm. Just replaced with a 20mm spacer and as above think 130 is the sweet spot although I’m sure the stiffer forks help. Would not mind trying them at 120 too.

_tom_
    Free Member

Pikes for me, probably my favourite fork out of the few I’ve tried (including the 55 rc3 ti). Not as many compression settings as other forks but that means less faff and they just feel right to me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which 140-120mm Forks ???’ is closed to new replies.