Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Which 130mm 26" trail fork
  • explosifpete
    Free Member

I’m after a new fork for my Stanton Slackline.
    It needs to be 26″ 130mm tapered and 15mm bolt thru
    I’m currently using a fox rlc fit 32 which works ok but is a bit on the flextime side, I would like not not add much weight if possible.
    Any thoughts?

Northwind

Literally everything 130mm is stiffer than a 32 so I guess the question is how much. Sektors, Revs and 44s are both a reasonable chunk stiffer and in much the same ballpark, and from there you’ve got 34s (early ones are pretty weighty and really not significantly stiffer than the 32mm alternatives), and so on…

I was always incredibly happy with my coil-converted blackbox revelations, awesome forks. But they did weigh more than a new-version Pike 😆

Poopscoop

I have just posted some 26″ Pikes on the for sale forum… 150mm but can be converted to 130mm with air shaft no doubt. Tapered,15mm Maxle.

Sorry for shameless plug. 😉

flashinthepan
    Free Member

For 26″ forks I’d go looking on eBay.

I got a pair of 150mm Solo Air Sektors (looked new – probably OEM removed from a new bike) for my son for £100, and a pair of Revelation RCT3 for £155 in very tidy condition (again 150mm).

For £100 the Sektors are hard to beat though the Revs are better. Get Pikes if you need a beefier fork (I don’t)

emanuel
    Free Member

manitou circus in 130 and change the shims to a trail stack.

Kamakazie

I saw some 26″ X-fusion forks with roughcut damper going pretty cheap yesterday. The Slant i think.

160mm but should be adjustable as with their other forks.

chestrockwell

Don’t rule out DT Swiss. I had some XMM140’s on my last 26″ full suss a few years back and they were miles better than both the Fox Float and RS Revs I had had before.

kayla1
    Free Member

Suntour Epicon/Epixon- the 650B ones work fine in 26″ frames even though the sliders are slightly taller. I got a pair of straight steerer 26″ ones for £55 and a pair of tapered 650B ones for £100 last week. They’re easily adjustable internally as well and weigh around 1800g, plus you’re not paying the MTB badge tax for RS, Fox or whatever.

jairaj

manitou circus in 130 and change the shims to a trail stack.

My Circus is a very stiff fork but its very heavy too. Not sure I’d recommend it on a trail bike unless you really needed its strength.

Does the Mattoc still come in 26″ Flavour? If so I can highly recommend that as trail fork. Very controlled damping, lots of adjustment and while it not the stiffest fork in its class it is competitive on weight and strength.

I saw some 26″ X-fusion forks with roughcut damper going pretty cheap yesterday.

A friend has these and highly recommends these too.

emanuel
    Free Member

I’m using one on my old cove hustler, as it was one of the few 130mm forks with straight steerers I could find when I gave the sektors to the GF.
    I’ve got a mattoc, and it’s really good with the IRT mod.
    I’ve got the roughcut damper on the Xfusion Sweep.
    fine fork.
    I’d happily reccomend the mattoc or the sweep, both fine.
    The mattoc, and the XF can be respaced to 26 I seem to remember.

Of all three, Personally I prefer the circus. good support, stiff, solid. Unshakeable.

I’d get a 650b fork. better resale value. and you could try out 26plus if you get that itch.

br
    Free Member

To give an idea if price, I sold a set of 26″ Pikes a couple of weeks ago, got £250.

emanuel
    Free Member

Jairaj, have you tried swapping the shims?
    you can go from dj stack to one of the trail stacks by just removing one of the shims.or two, can’t remember.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which 130mm 26" trail fork’ is closed to new replies.