• This topic has 47 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by desf.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Whhoooooooooo PAY RISE
  • soobalias
    Free Member

not sure thats quite true,

there has been a problem with low end graduates for over ten years, infact most serious graduates realise that to get graduate work, they will need to train/qualify after they finish their degree studies.

aP
    Free Member

well, most MaccyD workers are graduates aren’t they?

will
    Free Member

Bloody Students eh 🙄

mudshark
    Free Member

This reminds me of an experience my Mum had when she was working at the CAB about 10 years ago. A English grad came in complaining that her job paid £12k and asking what benefits she’d get if she resigned – she said she was worth more than £12k. Well my Mum wasn’t impressed! I wasn’t on much more than that back then and having business/IT I think I probably had more employable skills – not that I’m suggesting I’m was ‘worth’ more of course!

will
    Free Member

mudshark – Member
    not that I’m suggesting I’m was ‘worth’ more of course!

It is though 😆 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

dunno, maybe you’d have been better with the english degree?

GJP
    Free Member

Am I not justified in being miffed at working hard for a £1500 p.a. payrise, then getting £1750 taken off me in extra tax?

No you are not justified in being miffed IMO.

You had the choice of leaving school and going straight into work, but chose to further yourself by getting a degree. You knew the loan repayment terms when you started and you now need to live by your earlier decision.

Look around you and you may notice that a lot of people are losing their jobs rather then being awarded pay rises.

You may have been to University and obtained a degree but you still seem very capable of acting like a spoilt child.

desf
    Free Member

There must be a shortage of students, one college couldn’t find enough to fill their quiz show team.
    😉

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Whhoooooooooo PAY RISE’ is closed to new replies.