Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Whey Protein
  • soobalias
    Free Member

whats your preferred flavour?

im just finishing off come Mint Choc, which was nice, but thinking about a change

pedalhead
    Free Member

Vanilla is ok

tessayates
    Free Member

No way I could live with just one flavour so I mix it up between steak, chicken, eggs, dairy and fish.

sobriety
    Free Member

finishing off come Mint Choc

What in the hell kind of flavour is that?

sc-xc

No way I could live with just one flavour so I mix it up between steak, chicken, eggs, dairy and fish.

Predictable response 🙄

That’s some money you’re spending if your managing to put away 200g+ of protein a day. Nothing wrong with shakes to boost your protein intake.

darryl1983
    Free Member

I chose Raspberry last time so that i could mix it with water, I get too bloated with milk. Needs a bit of sweetening to taste though. But i mix it with Dextrose and Maltodextrin anyway for my post workout nutrition, so just had to get the balance right. It’s not great but it’s ok.

Be interested to hear if anyway else mixs with water rather than milk, as i can’t imagine chocolate flavour tasting to good mixed with water.

tessayates
    Free Member

200g+ of protein a day

Who are you? Geoff Capes??

sc-xc

No, only weigh 13 st 10, but looking to increase lean mass.

I have a soya protein shake mixed with peanut butter and banana – gives me about 45g protein in one pint. And it’s lovely….

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Woo-hoo carbs

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I heard second hand the other day (originally from some Mr Universe type) that you get more protein into your system eating a tin of tuna than you do drinking a protein drink?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Clicky.

😉

sc-xc

35 ish grams in a can of tuna. So not really…

(and I’d rather have a nice shake after the gym than a can of fish)

EDIT: Nutrition = being gay? That’s a new low CFH….

tessayates
    Free Member

Why do you want to gain lean mass? What sport do you play?

Plus you do know what soya does to ‘the boys’ don’t you?

sc-xc

Full contact kickboxing. I don’t eat meat, so need soya…and I have enough kids!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

35 ish grams in a can of tuna. So not really…

can you tell him he’s wrong . . . i’m scared.

sc-xc

🙂

You wouldn’t get near him because of his fishy breath!

soobalias
    Free Member

i mix with water.
    the mint choc (not cum-mint-choc) was the first batch from myprotein, i was amazed how well it mixes.

considering lemon cheesecake flavour, maybe cookies and cream

tessayates
    Free Member

Full contact kickboxing

As you were. You big fairy 😉

I don’t eat meat

sc-xc

To answer the original question, I alternate between choc and strawberry…but mix with semi skimmed milk (and peanut butter & banana). It does take the calories up to around 500, so I count it as a meal.

Mint choc sounds nice, I’ll try that next.

BoardinBob

Just plain chocolate. I mistakenly bought a 2.5kg sack of Cookies and Cream which was disgusting and seemed to last forever. Myprotein or body building warehouse depending on who’s got the best offer on.

tessayates
    Free Member

sc-xc – have you always been a veggie.
    I can actually see their relevence for a vegetarian, or for a real hard gainer.

Personally I build muscle without even trying. Swimming and yoga has seen me gain size.

I do also have a load of myprotein products but time my training to suit meal times so never take it. Vanilla because it makes nicer smoothies and goes better with fruit IMO.

soobalias
    Free Member

your input has been invaluable tessa. EDIT: slight improvement with your last edit.

*scratches cookies/cream idea

Jamie
    Free Member

your input has been invaluable tessa.

I dunno. Personally, I think they are full of shit. You eat that much tuna, you will become a human thermometer from all the mercury.

tessayates
    Free Member

Ok. I’ll try and be actual helpful…

I like to blend –

1/2 pint of milk
    Handful of strawberries / blueberries
    Banana
    40g porridge oats
    Tbsp peanut butter
    Flaxseed oil
    Honey

And drink that. Vanilla powder is the only thing I could see working with that.

Haze

Tom, would whey protein be a better alternative than eating a load of biscuits after a decent ride?

Would it keep me away from the egg & chips?

Not wanting to get all fat or anything…

sc-xc

Tom

decent ride

Haze

Yeah sorry, lost myself for a moment there!

glupton1976
    Free Member

See those of you who are protein deficient – lay off the hand shandies. There really is no need for 15 of those each day. Three would suffice.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Whey Protein’ is closed to new replies.