Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Where/what to ride near coed y brenin on a Sunday??
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

We’ll arrive at coed y on sat dinner, ride one of the trails there, check in at digs then go to the pub. But what about Sunday, could perhaps do with something a bit longer as we’re staying sun night too. Maybe a guided ride or is there an uplift day of sorts? Plan to leave Monday morning then have a pootle round llandegla on the way back to Derbyshire! Any help/thoughts appreciated!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

would recommend doing all of the trails on the center side of CYB – short loop Sat big Loop Sunday I did a nice mix up of the MBR and the Dragons Back (Cut through to the Cafe from the end of False Teeth and then up to the Adams Family Section)

Bit of a drive but long version of Penmachno is great if a little cold through all the puddles this time of year

Edit#
    The BikeFax Wales book is probably worth a look for some natural stuff – some good some OK in there – flogged mine recently so not sure how far south it goes

wrightyson
    Free Member

Never ridden there before, any guides/maps available before we turn up I’ll prepared on the Saturday? Only staying two miles down the road so we’ll probably ride from the digs. How long is the big loop btw?

Stoner
    Free Member

another vote for penmachno if you dont mind the drive. if you have the legs follow it up with a Marin.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

All Info Here

The Tawr (old Red bull) is a bit of a fire road slog these days (probably was in it’s day but it was all new and exciting 10 years ago.

The beast is the whole of everything mostly and 38km – The mix up I did skips the Pink Heffer and Big Dug sections (not my favs) and means you do the MRD stuff (bit tougher) earlier in the ride. If you like False teeth just loop back and do it again.

Just line the maps up along side each other and you can see how they can be linked up – I will pop up the track log if i can find it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Where/what to ride near coed y brenin on a Sunday??’ is closed to new replies.