Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Where's the super bargain 26er wheels?
  • zippykona

I would like tubeless ready,qr,nice and light with superbly sealed hubs and not spend more than £250.
    Anyone know of super bargains?

bikeneil
    Free Member

I’d like a new Bentley for two grand.

amedias
    Free Member

new or 2nd hand, presuming you mean 2nd hand, if you do then just keep an eye out, £250 should net you a decent pair pretty quick, are you being picky about which rims or hubs you wan specifically?

devash
    Free Member
    suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Too late. They’ve all been sold.

devash
    Free Member

Still saying QR front and back still in stock for me?

haggis1978

Can you live with a QR15 front hub and qr rear? I’ve got a set of near new american classic hubs on ZTR355 rims with less than 150 miles on them. Cost around £550. An axle adaptor can be had on eBay for around a tenner to run the front hub with a qr fork. £250 posted.

Tracey

We have just had some new DT Swiss ones delivered from a ebay store in Poland for £149 posted. Abigale trashed her rear wheel and this looked like the best compromise for qr ones.

ianfitz
    Free Member

I guess the majority of stock has already gone and so demand has risen a little compared to demand

(sorry but…)
    I’ve got several sets of 26 crest and arch on hope hubs. used, scruffy but still working well.

I’d happily sell one pair though, if you are in, or near sheffield welcome to see them first. email in profile

snaps
    Free Member

Mate of mine is selling a brand new pair of Hope Pro3 hubs on Stans tubeless crest rims under your budget.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Surprised someone hasn’t said “26inch is dead” by now.
    I was looking the other day for some tubeless 26 inch wheels for a mate. I was surprised at how little choice there is now and no bargains to be had new.

Scapegoat

The only choice not available on those Pacemtis is the 10mm rear hub.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

If you’re content with staying on QR skewers, have a look on eBay. I’ve seen some top wheelsets going 2nd hand that are QR only, which is one of the reasons they’re being sold. For example, a couple of weeks back there was a Buy It Now on a set of M970 XTR wheels that went for £250, new old stock.

continuity
    Free Member

Buy secondhand.

Pro 2’s on flows/arch’s/crests should be available for sub 200. Plenty of people will be selling great wheelsets off to upgrade to 650b for no reason.

shermer75
    Free Member

These rims on Merlin Cycles are going for crazy cheap (2x Stan’s Olympic, 32h, £50). Very light and tubeless ready too. I’m sure you could find some spokes and hubs for £200! Maybe even a wheel builder too! 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Here you go. Shimano XT qr hubs, front and rear, £50 from CRC. The spokes will cost you about £28 from Rose Bikes (delivered). So that leaves you with about £120 to spend on coke and hookers. Lovely!! 🙂

ollybus
    Free Member

I was just checking out those wheels from Superstar. Would they be a better bet than say a pair of Mavic CrossOnes for XC / trailcentre riding? They’re 200g lighter but would they be as durable. They’re about equivallent price but i’ve always gone Mavic in the past.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Where's the super bargain 26er wheels?’ is closed to new replies.