Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • Where's the roughest place you've ever lived?
  • Smee
    Free Member

I spent a year here – http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8432856.stm Red Road Flats – 26th floor. It was a very drunken tear.

jedi

i was born in wood green london, ,moved to bermondsey and then to enfield 🙂

grizzer
    Free Member

Lived in Dalston Hackney on the murder mile for 6 year's,shootings every other wk!Got mugged at a cash point at 3am at knife point!

firestarter
    Free Member

quite a few shooting when i lived in bosnia for two years. There was a war going on to be fair to the place 🙂

saladdodger
    Free Member

I have been realy lucky and never lived in a bad place, just places I did not like

JoeBones
    Free Member

I live in Belfast

grizzer
    Free Member

I was born in Stoke,not exactly tinsel town ,but not in the same league as Hackney and worked on Green lane's Haringey where the Turks and Kurd's fought running battle's over drug turf's,2 shot in one day!

ton

lived on a nice little estate in wakefield for the 1st 26 years of my life.
    lupset.
    had a 12 month holiday at 16 at a place called kirk levington, that was a pretty rough place.

DezB
    Free Member

Did most of my growing up in Leigh Park. Pretty rough.
    Scene of this attractive little story.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

had a 12 month holiday at 16 at a place called kirk levington, that was a pretty rough place
    Only a Cat D then Ton? You can't have been that bad then!

ton

esselgruntfuttock – Member
    had a 12 month holiday at 16 at a place called kirk levington, that was a pretty rough place
    Only a Cat D then Ton? You can't have been that bad then!

**** scary place at 16 mate.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Your'e probly right mate. I work in a nick as you probably already know. i could NOT do time though, enjoy my freedom too much!
    Imagine what HMP Wakey or Frankland are like!

ton

i have a cousin who works at wakefield, and his brother at hull.
    i get told some terrible stuff about the residents.
    just glad that i wised up.
    short sharp shock certainly worked for me. 8)

Suggsey
    Free Member

Never lived anywhere that I would call rough (but loads of folk have never lived on a council estate and think they are all rough by definition). Its all about what you are used to I suppose. I dont like where I live ie the Midlands as ther are so many other nicer places in the Country and with easier access to great riding.

firestarter
    Free Member

i also lived in two very rough areas in brussels too and they were holes lol. Where i live now is meant to be bad but i think its alright

5thElefant
    Free Member

Middlesbrough. I win.

ace_sparky
    Free Member

9 months in Bosnia…

Once found a young woman in the street, naked, badly beaten and had both her feet cut off, you could see where she had crawled into the street from the house and bled out.

To cut a very long story short, found a beautiful little girl 8-10yo half buried in a collasped building, one hand holding onto a young boy (her older brother) other hand trying to put her stomach back in, she died shortly after in total agony. One of 23 who died that day.

Dozens of other events that I think about daily…It was as close to hell as I ever want to get.

thv3
    Free Member

Flamethrower

Johannesburg was a bit interesting……..

grizzer
    Free Member

Lived in the Dam for 6 month's too! "interesting"

grizzer
    Free Member

Say no more sparky that's enough to give me nightmare's!

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Lived with my wife for two years!

Lived with her and her father for the last 6 months whilst the divorce finalised.

That beats a lot!

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Huyton, Liverpool.

ace_sparky
    Free Member

DrRSwank…thanks for that, never had 12yo single malt come out of my nose before 😆

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I'm from Kirkby in Liverpool. Don't live there now. Think it beats FoxyChicks' Huyton! 😉

2 years in Kensington whilst at uni. Unfortunately that's Kensington Liverpool not Kensington London!

joolsburger
    Free Member

I grew up in Brixton in the 70's and early 80's it was a thriving multicultural melting pot with a vibrant diverse culture.

A shithole in other words.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

brought up in fallowfield, manchester also lived in Wavertree in Liverpool for a while whilst my girlfriend, now wife was at uni.

cinnamon_girl

Outskirts of London town. Glad to get away.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Chappletown in Leeds was an interesting place to live for a year in the early 90's 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Bosnia in the early 90's was a bit of a kip
    Rawanda was pretty crap in 1994..
    Angola was Shite in 1995..

To be fair, we only moved to the UK, beacuse Pretoria was going downhill. Fast.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Chelsea SW3, still get me down.

forgotmename
    Free Member

Arlesey.

Flaperon

Rawtenstall!

ton

what makes me laugh is how, when you tell someone where you are from, the say'oh, thats a bit rough'
    and when you come from the place, it isn't rough at all.
    i like going back to my mum's and my root's.
    going in the old pub's i used to go in and seeing old familiar face.
    some good old memories.

woody2000

Lived in Harehills for a few years, got used to the police helicopter after a while!

fozzyuk

Like a good rough pub.

Lived in Wythemshawe, interesting rough and Wheately Hill in Peaterlee, depribed rough. Sorry if this upsets anyone.

Had a friend in Wheatley hill, the council had condemmed his front room. It was propped up with jacks, had been for two years.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Stockton-on-tees

Nuff said

bassspine
    Free Member

I lived on the lower end of Ashley Hill, edge of St Pauls in Bristol in the 80's, well within earshot of the st Pauls riots. Ugly noise!

Also lived in a house in Redlunn which had heroin dealers on the first floor, and came back from a week away to find someone had been stabbed 49 times in the attic room!

Nico
    Free Member

I lived in a small Hampshire town for three years. Three murders in that time – one a contract killing! Who'd have thought it.

ton

Nico – Member
    I lived in a small Hampshire town for three years. Three murders in that time – one a contract killing! Who'd have thought it.

midsomer??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Where's the roughest place you've ever lived?’ is closed to new replies.