Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Where's the Monday Night Pub Ride thread?
  • Bregante

Well?

Has the impending hurricane stopped play this week?

I’m not sure I can make it anyway just yet… Just askin, like. Besides I’ll only get you slightly lost.

Come on someone.

Harry_the_Spider

I’m still not fit. Man Flu might actually be proper Man Flu.

binners

Have you not seen the forecast? We’re all sure to be dead by tomorrow night! And the country will be lying in ruins!

It’s not at all a hysterical overreaction by London media types because the Home Counties are in for a spot of rain 😉

Could I suggest a postponement? Wednesday or Thursday anyone?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i have unpredictable hours at work for the next month or so, so i’m gonna have to play it by ear. but tomorrow looks unlikely currently…

Bregante

Is that an offer then binners?

Wednesday or Thursday would be good for me…….

binners

Shall we do Wednesday night then? Harry might even have recovered by then!

Any preference on location? May I be so bold as to suggest a Rammy tour de reservoirs, finishing at the brewery?

Bregante

Rammy’s fine by me.

Breweries are always fine. Wherever they are.

tanglewood
    Free Member

Wednesday,I’m out on a date, whoopee!
    Thursday would be good for me and maybe +1 (not the date,by the way) my mate Lee.
    If you have already decided on Wednesday that’s ok,next Monday,or is it going to be “The Wednesday/Thursday night pub ride” which would be far better for me as I always go for a big ride on Sundays,but if monday’s it is then Monday’s it is. I’m ok really anyway,just going on a bit…

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I should be ok – either Wednesday or Thursday evening is fine with me!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i may be able to do wednesday, and we may have a guest too if she wants to come along…

nbt

I can offer away-day guiding in the Marple Alps on Nov 3rd if anyone fancies that, it looks like I will be free of my regular committment that night

HindlePie
    Free Member

I might be up for this. What time will you be kicking off chaps?

Bregante

Speak up oh glorious leader. What time’s kick off?

NBT I’ll be up for this, assuming you mean the 4th?

* suspects the Rammy contingent may struggle to get passports in time though as they rarely venture so far south 🙂

And wittonweavers will probably need jabs!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yeah, give us the details binners please!
    meeting place and time, so i can relay the info to our mystery guest please…

nbt

Will confirm tomorrow if I am indeed available, but yes I meant Monday 4th.

simmy
    Free Member

I can do Thursday, not been out on a pub ride since August due to work.

nbt

I can do Monday 4th. New thread?

binners

Morning All. Weather doesn’t look too apocalyptic. (I’ve cursed us now, obviously) Shall we say a 7.45 start from the Shoulder of Mutton in Holcombe on Wednesday?

As its at the right end of the Rake. Oh… hang on a minute… that then becomes the wrong end of the Rake later on. Oh well!

Anyway… that gives us a variety of routes, depending on how boggy the moors are. I think they’ll be pretty bad. So I’m thinking up over the tower, Robin Hoods Well/Bucky Woodsl, Irwell Vale, up to Edenfield, and depending on time… turbines, Owd Betts

7.45 start on Wednesday ok with everyone?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

sounds good. we walked up to the tower last monday and it was a bit boggy up there then, so that’s before the last week’s rain came down too!

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Sounds good to me. Mostly hard trails along that route so should be fine… Fair bit of climbing though! Might bring the bike in the car instead of riding over!

HindlePie
    Free Member

All looking good. I’ll probably just head to yours Binners.

binners

No problem. I’ll have someone to wheeze up the Rake with. See you tomorrow

Bregante

In. Not ridden for two weeks so I’m likely to be crap (crapper)

binners

You going to be at the back with me then fella? Looks like, despite the weather being glorious at the moment, its going to be a wet one later.

Also so you know. The Rake is presently closed to traffic. Though you can ride up there. Unfortunately

xherbivorex
    Free Member

as if it’s going to be anyone but me right at the back!
    i’m still riding that norco of mine anyway.
    with the rake being closed, i may park halfway up and ride walk up to the shoulder…

binners

Sweet Jesus! Is that El Guapo not built yet? We’ll have graduated through at least another 3 standards of wheel sizes by the time that thing hits the trails 😉

Why not park up outside ours and ride up with us?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Presumably because he’d have to ride up with you! 😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Hmm.. If theres one of these next wednesday, I’m tempted to head over. :mrgreen:

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Sweet Jesus! Is that El Guapo not built yet? We’ll have graduated through at least another 3 standards of wheel sizes by the time that thing hits the trails

it’s more or less built, but i need to get the brake hoses shortened and I’ve been away/busy the last couple of weeks, so no!
    i dunno where your current place is, i’d only been to the old house. text me your address and i’ll get there for about 7.15ish. i’ll probably get our guest rider to park there too, if she’s still coming out…

Bregante

Right, so is anyone still meeting at the shoulder of mutton then? Or is it chez binners tonight?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i still dunno where his is!
    so, i’m gonna park up at the rose and crown, then head up the hill to the shoulder of mutton ready for the 7.45pm off.

binners

Seeing as I’m a go-getting, thrusting widely-travelled type, I’ve moved 30 yards up the road. Texting you both my new address now. INCOMING!!!

Its not raining yet. I’m deeply suspicious. I might get the Intense out tonight, for a rare outing, and join Team Inappropriately Over-biked 😀

binners

Right! If anyone is daft enough to be thinking of turning up unannounced tonight, I wouldn’t bother. By general consensus we’ve abandoned tonight. The weather is biblical! And the moors will be waterlogged anyway after this week! It is hauling it down out there! I’m going to the pub instead*! 😀

* the Rose and Crown if you’re in the area anyway and fancy a pint

Bregante

Harrumph 😐

xherbivorex
    Free Member

well i’m gonna go meet my mystery guest at 7.15 at the church inn for a quick blast in phillips park instead, if anyone fancies it. nowt big; just down through waterdale then a lap or two of the loops.

binners

Who’s this mystery guest then? It’s that girl out of the t shirt video, isn’t it? You decided the logical next stage was wet t shirt GoPro footage 😀

Bregante

Bugger. Just seen herbivore’s post. Id have been up for that. Never mind, two’s company and all that 😉

simmy
    Free Member

Anyone out tommorow ( Thursday ) night ?

Rivi, prestwich etc ?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m not at liberty to reveal who the mystery guest was, but she said you’re all soft shites for bailing!
    we had a great little blast around phillips park though, the rain stopped not long after we set off but to be honest even when it was coming down the riding in there was ace.
    next time…

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

So much for Southern Softies…..you lot are all a bunch of Northern Nambies 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Where's the Monday Night Pub Ride thread?’ is closed to new replies.