Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Where's the best place for guitar offers?
  • kevin1911

Despite not playing in a band for over 4 years, and despite not even playing my guitar for more than 5 minutes since then, I’ve suddenly got it in my head that I want to get an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra III.

All my local music shops have closed down in the last few years, so looks like it will need to be bought online.

Anyone able to recommend anywhere?

wwaswas

GAK in Brighton is pretty good.

Gweilo
    Free Member

Fretz of Hemel is good but their not big on Gibson.

mikey74
    Free Member
    hertz32
    Free Member

you can get them from gear4music but DON’T http://www.richardsguitars.co.uk/acatalog/Burny_RLG_Guitars.html
    Burny are made in japan rather than korea or indonesia they are far better quality from japan and you can contact Richard (the shop owner) at almost any time of the day he stets the guitar up to YOUR spec before dispatch and you get free 6 and 12 month check ups and free replacement on abnormally worn parts. he is THE best tech and most frendly guy in the uk.
    http://www.richardsguitars.co.uk/acatalog/Premier_Service_Tour.html
    Read that and youll understand

DickBarton

Andy Simpsons in Stirling, speak to Andy, tell him who sent you (not that it will get you anything but at least he’ll know I’m still punting folk his way!).

kevin1911

OK, GAK is on the shortlist. GuitarGuitar don’t seem to have the Ultra III on their website, but they have a branch not too far away, so I’ll pop in. Fretz have no Epiphone at all…

Thanks for the warning about gear4music.

kevin1911

Thanks Richard, didn’t even realise there were any places in Stirling

stratobiker
    Free Member

Andertons are pretty damn good. I’ve had nothing but great service from them.

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra III

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Defo set on the Epiphone LP?

I was going that route, but after looking around and fiddling with strings in shops, finished up with a PRS Singlecut, so glad I did, very, very nice and lovely tones

pstevensnz
    Free Member

+1 for Andertons, always had great service there too.

kevin1911

I still harbour ambitions of being Neil Young, so pretty set on a les paul. Too mean to buy a Gibson though
    🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

I had a PRS Tremonti SE (singlecut) before I bought my Epi and I have to say that there is no comparison: The sound and feel of the Epi is vastly superior IMO. The sustain I get out of my Epi is phenomenal, and it plays like a dream.

The PRS was nice, but compared to the Epi, felt pretty bland IMO.

hertz32
    Free Member

Burny!!!
    Burny, Tokai and Edwards are THE best in your price range! Have played £600 gibson studios that were FAR worse than a second had burny RLG55 how are you for Amps?
    gibson and Epi are having workforce satisfaction issues and their quality is seriously hit and miss. i know a guy with a 3 year old studio that the finish is still sticky on. Talk to richard at richards guitars for your own sake!

dan314
    Free Member

Got my epiphone Les Paul from here, even with a hard case on top and delivery it was still cheaper than most places over here. http://www.thomann.de/gb/index.html

kevin1911

Thanks Dan. They do seem to have some excellent bundle deals.

DickBarton

I’m unimpressed…after all the years of me moaning about Angela and her music schools…you didn’t even ask me…tsk tsk! 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

GAK are good in my experience. Email them to check stock first and you’ll usually be offered a bit of a discount 🙂

chipps

I’d disagree with Mikey on the PRS SE range – my SE Singlecut plays as well as my US-made PRS and sustains as well as my Gibson SG. And I think it looks great. Burny makes lovely Les Pauls and the Edwards I had was one of the best made guitars ever!

Anyway… The Ultra III looks great – especially with the piezo/acoustic extra pickup stuff. See if you can have a heft with one in a shop though – they tend to be weighty beasts.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Got my last guitar from thomann as well, great delivery, needed setup when i got it though.

rkk01
    Free Member

I quite like Hartnolls

They are based in Plymouth / Torquay, but trade over the web as well.

chipps

I’ve had a couple of guitars from Hartnolls. Very friendly and good service (and setup too). Mind you, I’ve also had good overnight shipping from Guitarguitar.co.uk – and GAK too. Perhaps I buy too many guitars… 😳

mickyfinn
    Free Member

I agree buy a Burny in that Price range it pisses all over Epiphones!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Where's the best place for guitar offers?’ is closed to new replies.