Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • wheres the best bits of Thetford?
  • backtothetop
    Free Member

Im going to Thetford tomorrow for the first time(mtbing anyway)and want to know where the best bits are, im mainly into dh/fr but thought id give this xc thing a go. Going straight for the black route and then the red before going exploring to see what jumps we can find.

are there any jump sections about and wheres the best place to park to get there?

bol

Not s lot of jumps I’m afraid, but some quite good pits. The beast on the black route is good, as is the run beside it, but a lot of the rest of it is a bit of a slog – not a lot of flow and a lot of stutter bumps. The red route or the Brandon country park side are a lot more satisfying.

Parking at High Lodge puts you at the start of red and black, Brandon CP is cheaper and you can pick up the black if you cross the road and head right.

There is a race on this weekend, so a bit of black may be closed. Red should be open.

Be ready to pedal!

benslow
    Free Member

Black is just a slog in slop.

Red is fun and flowing – really nice.

Best bits as the locals will tell you are ‘off piste’ and to be found when you go exploring.

I’ve done a few races there and the unmarked stuff is really nice but I had no idea where I was !

Best stick to Red on first visit.

If you take the diversion on the way round you’ll find each lap around 10 miles.

Nice weekend for it.

Park in the Brandon Country Park carpark for a couple of quid all day. The main lodge is a couple of quid an hour I think.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘wheres the best bits of Thetford?’ is closed to new replies.