Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Where's rideable this weekend
  • Liftman

Looking to get oot on the bike this weekend but wheres rideable ?

Thinking prob be Dumfries way as they look like they havent been hit as hard by the snow, anyone got an update on current conditions out that way ?

Paceman
    Free Member

Everywhere… just let a bit of air out of your tyres 😉

a11y

7stanes blog was indicating that Kirroughtree was the best option yesterday, haven’t checked it today though. GT/Inners is a definate no-go though apparently…

richmtb

GT/Inners is a definate no-go though apparently…

Unless you’ve got a snowmobile!

Give Rik at Drumlanrig a call, the trails are pretty sheltered there might be an option

invercyclist
    Free Member

We were thinking Drumlanrig tomorrow also , the problem is getting stranded 😕

Mugdock park and beyond is the the option for me tomorrow, dunno if the trails there are even rideable 🙄

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

I was thinking Drumlanrig on Sunday myself. But as you say, the fear of getting stranded is putting me off.

scotabroad

Kirroughtree very nice yesterday,

I was walking round Mabie today and it looked ok, the paths were a bit slippy in places though. No depth to the snow really but can be slippy where its seen a lot of traffic on the roads etc. Light snow falling in Dumfries at the moment.

invercyclist
    Free Member

We were riding in light snow last week and it was lovely, didnt affect the 4 hour ride in the slightest and I swear it was one of the best days Ive had on a bike yet…superb 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

Most of Spain, except the area surrounding my house. 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

This was Dumfries on Wednesday. Ae, Mabie, Dalbeattie, and Kirroughtree will be rideable, as will Drumlanrig.

December 1st by simon ralli, on Flickr

Just a smidge of snow really, and even less where there is shelter.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Lot of the snow in dumfries has been melting this afternoon after more snow had fallen this afternoon. Might be a bit more left out in the country but should be good for riding. Going to ae myself tomorrow so hoping it will be fine.
    Saying that it is now raining and it is close to freezing so tomorrow there could be more snow or water so ice on the roads depending on how cold and when it rains tonight.
    Just get out and enjoy whatever challenge there is.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I was probably going to hit Mabie – I haven’t really decided where and when to ride, but then Drumlanrig could be a real cracker too.

scotabroad

Simon let me guess, is that picture up at Heathhall beside the Golf course?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Certainly is – I would not recommend anyone travel to ride it, but as a little local loop for when it is too cold for much more than an hour’s riding (including 10 mins to get there by bike), there are some cracking little sections of rooty singletrack. I like to think of it as a very mini Drumlanrig 🙂

A few more pics in this thread:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/f-f-f-f-f-freezing-cold-but-smile-inducing-local-sesh-today

scotabroad

Yep went round there last week for a wee local ride, some nice little tracks.

banginon

Drumlanrig rode very sweetly today. Crunchy snow, a few hidden roots, only 5 sets of tracks and 3 dog prints in th snow. 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Where's rideable this weekend’ is closed to new replies.