Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Wheres 'ok' to ride this weekend (snowless)?
  • carlos
    Free Member

tops 5 – Member
    Anyone know how Macc Forest is fairing?

Plenty of snow about but still plenty of stuff thats rideable.
    Roads are all clear, climb through the forrest to the stone house is clear, bottom half of Charity is Ok, trail fairies work is riding nice, fire-roads are all rideable, Narnia would be mint as a descent. Hacked way is under 4ft snow but the bit under Teggs Nose that drops too the large steps and a water splash is Ok.

With stringing stuff together and making it up a you go theres plenty to have a go at, might mean doing things twice depends what you want.

Oh and I assume the FP’s in the forest are rideable. 🙂

acidchunks

I’m predicting that every mountain biker in Manchester will find themselves at Philips Park on Friday morning.

Who’s bringing the tea urn?

philipft
    Free Member

Had a little ride up to the Peaks this morning, some deep drifts, but packed down hard so rideable, but a nasty wind blowing over the top of kinder. Forget NWales its carnage over there. Macc forest okay, was thinking of heading to Lee Quarry on Friday, anyone had a look there?

saxabar
    Free Member

Forget NWales its carnage over there.

The only change in weather has been the size of flakes and the direction they come in from!

logical
    Free Member

Snow just beginning to fall here in Bridgend. So who knows if Afan will be clear by weekend.

hora
    Free Member

Epic fail…dont lookat the Peaks cam(s) at this time 8)

proutster
    Free Member

acidchunks
    I’m predicting that every mountain biker in Manchester will find themselves at Philips Park on Friday morning.

Who’s bringing the tea urn?

I agree, three of us were up there last night as we couldn’t get out into the Peaks and we loved it. First time there for all of us and we were all very pleasantly surprised, they’ve really got the maximum out of the terrain.

Dry trails, fast and fun, perfect for a quick – fun – spin out at night. By the end (probably the 5th time around that little section) we were going quite quickly on the anti-clockwise red and, even for crap jumpers, we were all getting reasonable air off all of the jumps. Great laugh!

I think we did just under 11 miles and didn’t see another soul – apart from the couple that we interrupted in the car park when we got back at 9pm! The young lady driver must’ve been looking for something in the glove-box, or why else would her head have popped up from the (lucky) young lad’s lap?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Wheres 'ok' to ride this weekend (snowless)?’ is closed to new replies.