Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Where's my work phone?
  • wallop

Last time I lost my work phone, I found it in the passenger footwell of my car. After I’d cancelled it 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Well on my personal phone I experimented with turning it off – but it seems that the culprit was actually the Samsung version of find my phone which used location services heavily. I suppose I’d turned it off on my work phone but then I thought maybe I hadn’t – but in any case, I don’t seem to be able to get any info out of Google about that specific phone.

IdleJon

I once lost a camera after driving home for Xmas via a walk around Silbury Hill. I looked everywhere for it, no sign. (And no clever tech to find it – this was the 80s.) I drove back to London and promptly found the camera sitting on the transmission tunnel of my Beetle. I decided that the ley lines around Silbury had done magical things and whisked my camera away, returning it once I drove over the same combination of ley lines.

Go and check the local ley lines and fairy mushroom rings?

(I don’t believe in ley lines. Fairies on the other hand…)

mogrim

Found mine, it was on the desk next to me all the time!

Gary_M
    Free Member

That’s the same model of nokia I threw in the bin earlier funnily enough.

molgrips
    Free Member

I hope you mean ‘recycled’ ?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Stuff goes in a bin, the stuff that’s in the bin gets recycled. Our refuse from the office is sent to a recycling plant.

Do you not put your recycling in a bin? Do you specifically say ‘I put it in the recycling’ so everyone knows you’re environmentally conscious and it makes you feel warm inside 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

No I say ‘the bin’ for stuff that goes in the recycling bin which is general recycling, but phones don’t go in there. They have to be taken to a special place.

molgrips
    Free Member

Given up now anyway.. called it in lost.

Gary_M
    Free Member

They have to be taken to a special place.

Like a phone heaven (or hell for that nokia)? I have people to do that special place thing anyway.

IdleJon

They have to be taken to a special place.

Yours is in a very special place!

molgrips
    Free Member

Like a phone heaven

Well, it’s basically jsut a drawer… a sort of phone limbo until I get round to sending them off.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Or losing them 🙂

IdleJon

You’ve checked your phone drawer obviously? 😀

CountZero

and promptly found the camera sitting on the transmission tunnel of my Beetle. I decided that the ley lines around Silbury had done magical things and whisked my camera away, returning it once I drove over the same combination of ley lines.

A magical place indeed, it even manages to create a transmission tunnel on a car that’s rear-engine, rear-wheel drive… 😉

BadlyWiredDog

A mate of ours mislaid his work phone on the day it was due to be returned to his soon to be ex-employer several hundred miles from his new home. There was a lot of driving up and down between places he stayed before – after another fruitless journey – finding it in his wash-bag.

Is your phone in my mate’s wash-bag maybe? Do you want me to ask him?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

On the bike frame, being used as a Strava recording gadget? 😈

beefheart
    Free Member

Post up your number- we can all ring it.

zokes
    Free Member

Post up your number- we can all ring it.

Nah, no point. He’s left it on flight mode to save his battery

maccruiskeen

You lot are no use AT ALL

You know what we’re good at? Knowing where our phones are.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Have opted out of a separate phone for business years ago, but in the days when I had one, I’d lose it on a weekly basis. I once found it in a lunch box in the fridge after two days of working out the excuse I’d need to tell my IT Director. Not had a 2nd phone since.

beefheart
    Free Member

Put a reward notice up in your local area.

wiggles
    Free Member

My mate lost his phone once, gave up looking and got another then about 2 weeks later went to put on a pair of trainers he hadn’t worn since and it was in one of them…

markgraylish
    Free Member

Whilst everyone is searching around various places, can you keep an eye out for the pair of XL sized grey and black neoprene mountain bikes gloves I lost about two weeks ago.
    Ta!

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Where's my work phone?’ is closed to new replies.