Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Where's my droid – iphone equivalent app please!
  • user-removed
    Free Member

I’ve always had android phones. Mrs Removed has just got an iPhone and is looking for an app to help her find it when she inevitably loses it / it gets nicked. The kind that activates the gps and allows you to get to its approximate location.

Any suggestions please?

Olly
    Free Member

i thought Apple had one built in. i think its already there. Never used a piephone though so cant tell you where or how!

peteimpreza

The app is called Find iPhone .

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers – she’s searching now!

user-removed
    Free Member

There’s one with a similar name but it seems you have to have another ios device to use it. Which is a bit shit.I can use any phone using my android app…

jam-bo

.I can use any phone using my android app…

you mean any andriod phone?

you can log into a website too.

on any device with a browser….

user-removed
    Free Member

Jam-bo – genuinely confused. Is there a website she can log on to, stick in her phone number and track her stolen phone? The app she found states that only another apple product can be used to track the missing phone…

jam-bo

log into icloud.com with the same account as is on the phone at its there as an option.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Has to be activated on the phone in question…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Settings,
    Privacy,
    Location services.
    Switch find my phone on.

CountZero

You can install Find My iPhone on another iPhone or iPad, then track the missing device on the move, or do it statically from a computer via iCloud.

user-removed
    Free Member

Thank you hive mind, and specifically jambo, Wrighty and The Count. I will relay all this to the relevant party in the morning. WTF should you call your wife online? Mrs (insert 2nd half of username), S.O., Better half, Partner? Must consult mumsnet.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

other half/missus/gf easy

user-removed
    Free Member

To be sure, she once was an easy girlfriend 🙁

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Where's my droid – iphone equivalent app please!’ is closed to new replies.