Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Where's best for inner tubes?
  • StirlingCrispin

I’ve been getting boxes of 10 from Merlin but they only have 26×2.1s, which I think are be a bit thin with 2.3 tyres.
    So – where’s the best source?
    Cheers!

mike_p
    Free Member

Wherever’s got a deal on… sometimes Evans, Merlin, Fat Birds… wait until you can get them for £2.50 each and buy a box-load

tomhoward

ASDA, £1.79 a tube, I use them on both my mtbs and have had 2 punctures in 2 years.

nbt

Anyone know of any bulk deals on 29er tubes?

Kryton57

These guys advertised on another forum a while ago, no idea how good they may / may not be;

http://www.InnerTubeShop.com

Gunz
    Free Member

+1 for Asda (although might not fill a 2.3)

M6TTF
    Free Member

Inner tubes, how quaint

nbt

I tried tubeless. My rim is now dented so badly it won’t hold air, but it works fine with a tube. each to their own and all that

uwe-r
    Free Member

The issue with the cheep ones is the tubes are small volume so the same pressure puts less force on the tyre wall and bead this causes the tyre and tube to slide on the rim and the rim will sheer off the valve (happened 3 times in less than a mile once on me). Conti tubes go up to 2.5 and are visibly a much bigger volume so they hold the bead on much firmer for the same pressure. They also have a much better Schrader valve which screws down like a presta.

I just bought 5x Conti from Wiggle for £18 irc – well worth it for the better tubes.

Tiger6791

Where’s best for inner tubes?

I tend to go with between the rim and the tyre.

swingbing
    Free Member

I have the answer.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/geax-mtb-ultralite-inner-tube/

135 grams (I weighed them) so not ridiculously light or heavy. Had a pair in my 2.4 conti’s for 300 miles now and no punctures. I’m 90 kgs, ride a hardtail and am not that easy on kit.

£2.50, can’t go wrong.

*EDIT* C**p, sorry, non in stock in the larger size.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where's best for inner tubes?’ is closed to new replies.