Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where's a nice place to stay in Minorca?
  • myopic
    Free Member

Never been so no idea about what’s good and what’s not, but for one reason or another, it’s where me and Mrs M are probably going this year.

Not looking for clubbing hotspots or getting down with the yoofs, but equally not somewhere totally ‘dead’ or conversely anywhere overrun with kids. Good base for walking, swimming and cycling, but with a selection of decent restaurants. Moon on a stick?

Happy to receive recommendations! Thanks 🙂

benz
    Free Member

We’ve been to Menorca a few times.

Enjoyed both Son Bou and Fornells. Fornells has a fairly scenic bay and felt more upmarket, it’s also quieter.

Son Bou on south coast, Fornells on North.

Roads are fairly quiet for road biking.

benz
    Free Member

If you like BBQ steak, go to Marga restaurant on the road into Fornells. Rare is the standard…..

derek_starship
    Free Member

Here’s my review of Insotel @ Punta Prima:

If you have kids and your wife is pregnant again then I would recommend this resort. If you are a child-free couple then DO NOT visit this resort. We booked the 22-29 September as the kids are back in school and as a couple without kids, we were looking forward to a quiet adult-centric week. Oh how we didn’t get that. We overlooked the fact that low season pricing in a very good resort would attract the pre-school families. And how they flocked to Insotel Punta Prima. Screaming kids. Gluttonous parents who can’t seem to hear said screaming kids. For us it was just awful. don’t get me wrong, the resort is fabulous. Clean and well featured. The staff were brilliant- friendly, accommodating and very hardworking. We both feel like we’ve spent a week in a multi-national kindergarten and both now need a holiday!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g659968-d254185-r141626684-Insotel_Punta_Prima_Resort_Spa-Punta_Prima_Minorca_Balearic_Islands.html#

john_drummer
    Free Member

Cala’n Forcat (west coast) is ok if you like being surrounded by British & Irish families and not experiencing anything remotely Menorcan (or Spanish for that matter).
    Ciutadella looked nice though – the old capital before Mahon (mayonnaise is named after Mahon)
    Watch out for “salsa grehvi ” (gravy, yes, gravy)

Kryton57

Santo Tomas was nice last year but we are staying in Son Bou this year. Contrary to Derek starship we are going deliberately for the glutton & kids pools – having a kid friendly place where they can jump in an out of pools and easily help themselves to food at mealtimes proves restful for us as we lie around keeping an eye on them with little effort.

These kinds of holidays are dependant on the company though – we’ve found careful use of reviews and selecting apartments rather than rooms keeps us away from the less than middle class in the main 😉

joolsburger
    Free Member

Binibeca

It’s quiet but not dead and a good spot. We rent a villa direct through Redorka and it’s excellent value.

myopic
    Free Member

Cool – thanks guys. If nothing else I’ve learnt how to spell it ….. 😳

jbproductions
    Free Member

Cuitadella is lovely. Stayed there twice…going again this year.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where's a nice place to stay in Minorca?’ is closed to new replies.