• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • whereabouts to apply for a tourist visa for India
  • Keva
    Free Member

I want to go to India later in the year for a month, where’s the best place to obtain a visa from? I’ve just googled ‘India tourist visa’ and there’s loads of websites, is there a preferred one to use?

Mowgli
    Free Member

The Indian Embassy? The High Commission sends you here.

Did mine in just over a week.

redted
    Free Member

I always use Action visas in London http://www.actionvisas.co.uk/ I normally speak to a guy called adam and never had a problem with them. Quick efficient and friendly service.

avdave2

We Use Regent Visas

ransos
    Free Member

I applied to the embassy in London.

kevtoo
    Free Member

All indian tourist visas now have to be done through the online system at VFS to start with (in.vfsglobal.co.uk) but you then have to print the forms out and either post them (with your passport and photos) or go in person to one of the UK India visa application centres (there’s one in Kensington, don’t know about the others). They are also quite picky about the photographs- they must be exactly the right size (I ended up having to get mine done at the visa centre).
    The alternative is to use an agent but I guess that’s more expensive. Once you’ve sorted the formalities it is quite quick- I got mine within about a week of applying (but I did do it all in person). Hope this helps! Kev

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

Mowgli – Member

The Indian Embassy? The High Commission sends you here.
    We used this one as well.

With visas remember to read all the instructions. They specify the ink colour when signing etc and the photos need to be a certain size for India.
    For the photos you can either print them out yourself or get a local photographer to make them that size. What is really annoying is that they now shrink the photo and put it in your passport.

Keva
    Free Member

bit late getting back to this, thanks for all the replies folks, most helpful.

br
    Free Member

As said the photo size is specific, and I used a company (sorry forget who, as it was through the company I worked for). As you’ve plenty of time, just use the normal services, reasonably cheap – don’t bother trying to do it yourself…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘whereabouts to apply for a tourist visa for India’ is closed to new replies.