• This topic has 26 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by _tom_.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Where you riding this weekend?
  • saxabar
    Free Member

Cloudy ride up Snowdon early this morning, and out and about with the missus for the rest of the day. Thinking Penmachno or Marin tomorrow. Where you riding this weekend? Bonus points for pics.

darrell
    Free Member

nope, but managed to break a toe instead

skydragon
    Free Member

2 laps of Gisburn

endurokid
    Free Member

Peaks.

dpfr

Just an hour from home this afternoon up a rather misty Goyt valley and it was hard going, but it was my first exercise of any sort at all for a month so I am not surprised. I didn’t puke though. I’ll be interested to see how I feel tomorrow.

rocketman
    Free Member

Completely destroyed Cannock this afternoon the light rain has made conditions almost perfect. Not particularly busy either everyone riding their bikes and just having a good time

Drac

Nights.

Speaking of which must go.

CheesybeanZ

Cwmcarn today , first time round the Cafall trail which was good fun . The car park was pretty empty for a Saturday in summer .

Gilles

Strictly not this week end, but this week at least, the STW loop in the Peaks:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK74kcGdkdc[/video]

martinhutch

Another 25-miler around Grizedale and Claife. Can’t seem to get bored with the place at the moment.

MoreCashThanDash

Planning a road loop up above Matlock, hopefully finding some jewellery for MrsMC’s birthday present while I am out. May even get enough miles to get over 2,500 before the end of June!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Raphas East route into Essex, 86ks of a mixed parcour… Hoping it doesn’t rain 😕

Nipper99
    Free Member

From home, Swansea Valley, on off road loop of Gower with a half time stop at Rhossili for tea and cake. 🙂

sparkerfix

Berchesgarden and Leogang 8)

monksie
    Free Member

Marple to Ladybower and back on the ‘cross bike. Some off road, some on. At some point today. Possibly.

maxtorque

First stop, clean bikes at the Forrest of Dean on friday arvo:

Trying not to grin like a loon (and failing) down the final section of the Verderers trail:

Loaded up the van again and headed deep into the Brecons:

Overnight stop, Time to stand around doing the old “oh, ah, mmm” at each others bikes:

Saturday, uplift at BPW:

Getting our stoke on:

Bikes now a bit dirtier, loaded onto van, back to pub for good food, and a few beers:

Sunday, a quick XC loop up and round the classic “Gap”:

Proper MTB wide smiles smashing it down off the top:

Finding the worlds narrowest and most technical bridleway, compete with massive killer brambles: (ouch!)

Sunday Arvo, Time to pack up and head home, thanks Wales, your hills and mountains were a lot of fun:

But other than that, not much riding really……… 😉

carlos
    Free Member

Been out on the Roadie today after entering the Bradwell HillBilly. 78km and 2334 m ascent including 7 sizeable hills in the area finishing on Winatts Pass, so a decent loop. Weather stayed dry, free cake, soup and Tea was very welcome. Defo doing it again next year.

Currently polishing off some San Miguel 😉

cinnamon_girl

Great write-up and pics from maxtorque! Verderer’s descent is such fun, as is the Gap. Felt quite envious reading your post. 😀

saxabar
    Free Member

Excellent report maxtorque! I know that tight section after The Gap well. Early run around Penmachno for me followed by pancakes with black pudding, sausage pattie and fried apple (much tastier than it sounds). Out on the cross bike later pottering around lanes with significant other this arvo.

Russell96

Llandegla to Prestatyn offroad along the spine of the Clwydians, 68km with 1600m of ascent but 1800m of descent, with a nice 30km ride home after. Currently in the post ride, nettle stung bramble cut glow.

Northwind

Just back from Laggan for the Scottish Enduro Series… Never ridden dust like it in Scotland, I could have done with a bit of mud but brilliant weekend. Made all the better by Hels and the Innerleithen MTB Racing Mansion full of cool people to spend a weekend with. Think I only really had 1 good race run all day mind but I’m in it for a good time (and a long time 😉 )

postierich
    Free Member

Cheeky camp in Elterwater with lots of beer @ The Brittania Inn followed by a 15 mile ride from Elterwater to Wray Casle finishing with Loughrigg terrace 🙂
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/o7BmES]10355669_10204429390764039_8737267328125483019_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr[url=https://flic.kr/p/obqZaF]10348706_10204429408044471_2212168580981222003_o[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Knocklofty, loads of nice singletrack though I only managed the ride through Hobart and up the hill before stacking big on the first singletrack section and limping home.

@ Gilles – that’s some proper mincing going on there – and a shit soundtrack to boot. Chapeau 😉

Did a killer Dark Peak loop today – Fox House/Burbage/Blacka/Devils Elbow/Lady Cannings/Stanage/Burbage

iainc

a wee holiday road ride on the cx bike :

_tom_
    Free Member

Working so no riding, but might go to Aston Hill on Tuesday or maybe over to the Hopton xc trail. Haven’t decided yet.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Where you riding this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.