Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Where would I buy roofing tiles from locally?
  • Daffy

Is there a shop for these things? Will i need an account?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Builders merchant. Almost all will do cash sales to the public

Jewson / Travis Perkins kinda places or a local alternative.

If you’re trying to match an existing tile, take one with you and be prepared for disappointment when it’s out of production or is on a 26 week lead in time.

bruneep

Local to where? any Builders merchant unless they are an obscure tile.

What tile is it?

ThePinkster

Where are you, what type of tile and how many?

I’ve got some old but perfect condition ones stashed round the back of my greenhouse if you’re only after a few (no idea how many but maybe 10 or 15). If you’re local to south Cheshire you’re welcome to have them.

Daffy

Bristol. It’s a Redland clay tile. Will I need an account for Travis Perkins?

andyl
    Free Member

if it was an old red pan tile you are after I’ve got pallets full in my barn south of Bristol. Got some double romans too but that is what we have on the barn.

Daffy

I’m pretty sure they’re Redland Renown 1501 in a sort of browny colour.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Will I need an account for Travis Perkins

No but I have found them to ask rip off prices if you don’t.

maccruiskeen

Will I need an account for Travis Perkins?

no, and not for Jewsons either

what you do need for either is some lube 🙂

I’ve had little experience of Travis Perkins but with Jewsons you’re just as likely to be shafted as a trade account holder as you are as a cash customer. I had two identical orders with them – same materials, same quantity, one in the morning, one in the afternoon. The first was their normal ‘quite a bit more than everyone else charges’ rate. The second order was billed at exactly triple the price of the first one.

bails

I’ve used this place, which have branches near Bristol: http://www.sigroofing.co.uk/

They were happy to deal with me as a non-trade person, some stuff taken away there and then, some delivered later on their lorry.

andyl
    Free Member

Try Kellaway, I used to use the Ashton Gate brancha lot. https://www.kellaway.co.uk/product-category/general-build/roofing-ventilation/page/2/

Never found Travis Perkins or Jewsons to be worth bothing with as none-trade.

Daffy

Hey guys,

I tried TP and Kellaway in Yate, but neither had the tiles.

I’ll order online and have some delivered.

Thanks.

M

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where would I buy roofing tiles from locally?’ is closed to new replies.