Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where was this video shot at Gisburn?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I was up there at the weekend, but dont remember riding this section at all??

[video]http://vimeo.com/23502952[/video]

grum
    Free Member

A little bit before the quarry climbing section, this is a branch off the main trail on your right hand side. There is a little drop on the left and a table top on the right at the start. Wasn’t finished last time I was there.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

It’s the Hope Line.
    Remember the long fireroad climb up to a further fireroad that traverses to the quarry area and downhill track…. it starts on your RHS at the intersection of those two fire roads.
    The video clip section is further down in the trees.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve not noticed any other trails leading off up there. So I guess you come up the hard climb, turn sharp left on to the fire road and then half way along ish before the quarry section its on youre right? I’m guessing its not way marked either?

Just read Ecky’s – so basically at the intersection turn 180 degrees right back on yourself and its the section just there. I thought that was on a 50yds section or so, I didnt realise it continued on through the trees.

grum
    Free Member

So I guess you come up the hard climb

The trail is on your right as you come up the steep fire road climb. You can see bits of it as you climb.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Not marked but easy to see. Right on the intersection of the fireroads.
    Top end looks finished but there is still work ongoing at the lower end. Currently it re-joins the long fireroad climb but they appear to be going further down the hill eventually.

<EDIT> you’ve got it FD </EDIT>

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Yup, just on the right at the top of the long open fireroad climb. You can see a couple of ‘pump bumps’ right by the roll in at the very top.

It only went about half way down when I was last there a couple of months ago and ended suddently in the trees.

Heading up there this weekend, can’t wait to see if there’s been some more work. Judging from the barrows and shovels in the woods it is ongoing.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Yes it’s the new Hope Line. Part volunteer built and now sponsored by Hope, who are paying contractors to put in the main features. It is being worked on at the moment and will go all the way to the forest track at the bottom of the red xc loop climb. We’re hoping to have it finished by early autumn.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where was this video shot at Gisburn?’ is closed to new replies.