Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Where to watch the World Cup from Fort William?
  • rugbydick

Does anybody know where we might be able to watch the World Cup dh-ing from Fort Bill?

I can’t make it across but it’s probably too much to ask for it to be on TV…

pastcaring
    Free Member

freecaster.com

Mounty_73

As above.

Gary_C

Freecaster? with Rob Warner’s dull, monosybillic, unenthusiastic commentary??? 😉

😆

rugbydick

Thanks guys. Rob Warner’s dulcit tones are better than nothing.

I’ve just seen that the 4x is on Eurosport 2 at 11.15 on Saturday night.

Freecaster it is then, unless I can persuade the wife to let me drive across to Fort Bill…

sambob
    Free Member

If you do make it, get a single lift pass up to the top then walk down as the lower qualified riders are coming down so you get down to the bottom for the last 20-ish riders. That way you get too see most of the riders up close then get the the atmosphere of the finish arena as well.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Highlights from the DH races are also listed on Eurosport 2 on Sunday night.

I’d suggest the new road gap into the berms just below the forest will be a good place to watch.

rugbydick

Thanks.

For some reason the World Cup doesn’t show up when you search on the online listings on Sky.com
    They only show the Sky Sports stuff.

I know what I’m doing on Sunday from 8 until 9.30 now though.

legend
    Free Member

If you do make it, get a single lift pass up to the top then walk down as the lower qualified riders are coming down so you get down to the bottom for the last 20-ish riders. That way you get too see most of the riders up close then get the the atmosphere of the finish arena as well.

Good way of doing it if you haven’t been before. However, watching the fastest guys on the top section was the best day i’ve had up there.

e.g.

IMG_2159 by mark_penman, on Flickr

rugbydick

It will be interesting to watch all of it tbh, as we’re supposed to be going across to ride the track next week.

I wonder if the road jump will be open to the public??? 😯

legend
    Free Member

nah it’s not going to be open outside of the world cup (and maybe the BDS I’d guess)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where to watch the World Cup from Fort William?’ is closed to new replies.