Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where to take a DH bike in September?
  • tall_martin

Afternoon,

I’ve changed jobs and will be able to take a week off in September- missing some of the lifts in the Morzine area.

I’ve been to Fort William for a few days already this year.

Any suggestions?

Verbier, is it worth taking a DH bike for a week?

Whistler is expensive to get to £700+ bike for flights only

Cheers for any suggestions!

Martin

timidwheeler

Which week? Most lifts close at the beginning of September. We went to Vallnord in the Pyrenees last year as it had the latest opening lifts.

deviant
    Free Member

Yeah Vallnord is a good shout, lifts open into the 2nd week of September i belleve.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Livigno is open until mid September. We’re in the same boat as I can’t take any annual leave until 31st of August.

sambob
    Free Member

Malaga with Roost DH?

johni
    Free Member

Does it need to be DH? Switch-backs.com van assisted riding works for me but they don’t start DHing until the end of October. Just AM/Enduro with van uplifts in September.

dbcooper
    Free Member

Switchbacks Bubion – take your AM bike as there is lots of climbing, but the descending is stunning.
    I dunno what the conditions will be like for rideslovenia but its excellent there again Am bike, but serious trails.
    The mountainbikeadventure in portugal is 90% Dh tracks, but it makes sense to use an AM/Enduro?gnarrmobile bike as there is a little climbing. We did it on DH bikes but wished we had our AM bikes.. Also they are flippin cheap.

tall_martin

Thanks for the suggestions!

It will be the first, third or fourth weeks of September.

I bought a DH bike last year and find pushing it up hill tedious. Hence Ft Bill and looking for uplifts.

sweaman2
    Free Member

With the way the $CDN/GBP has gone recently though Whistler might be as cheap as it gets for a few years and things might be pretty reasonable once you’ve made the pilgrimage.

noahhowes
    Free Member

Keep hearing good things about Madeira at that time of year. So much so that we’re going out in the first week of October with ‘Freeride Madeira’. I’m pretty sure they cater for DH.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where to take a DH bike in September?’ is closed to new replies.