• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • where to stay/camp near windsor?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

out of curiosity anyone know of a nice campsite near windsor? taking the kids to legoland in a few weeks and need somewhere to stay the night before.

IHN

There’s a site in Henley which is pretty good and isn’t miles away.

Tiger6791

Which direction are you coming from?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member
    gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

coming from cornwall, straight up the m4.

is the henley one swiss farm international?

on another note, looks like we’ll be getting up there late afternoon. is there anywhere interesting/fun to do? did think about the castle but when i saw the admission cost!

MoreCashThanDash

If you don’t fancy camping what with this summer weather and all, we got a cheap deal at the terminal 5 travel lodge near slough – less £100 for two nights in a family room incl parking and breakfast, only 15 minutes from Legoland.

Deals may be harder to find in the summer, of course

theotherjonv

There’s one at Hurley, http://79.170.40.247/hurleyriversidepark.co.uk/

Has a nice local pub, from what i remember of playing cricket against them.

How old are the kids? Henley itself is nice, and has the Wind in the Willows museum within the Rowing Museum, plus a decent playarea in the water meadows.

smoothchicken

Not been myself but friends recommended here http://www.wellington-country-park.co.uk/. It’s near Reading but that’s only a quick blat down the M4 to Legoland. If you camp you get the place to yourself after it closes. Can get in the castle free as a local and hope you’ve got a two for one offer for Legoland as it’s pricey.

That one at Hurley is pretty good. I’ve camped there even though I practically live in Windsor!

takisawa2

Stayed at Hurley a few weeks back. Lovely campsite. Would 100% use again. If you’ve driven up from Cornwall the kids would probably be glad just to have a run around, but there some nice walks on/around the site.

Have you checked the Legoland site for offers…?
    We had two days in the park & a night at a Holiday Inn for £140 for four of us. Worked out cheaper than taking our caravan down, but it was a Fri night so had to take kids out of school for the day.
    The park is very pricey, but tis good. We bought Merlin passes this year so have been a couple of times. I do like Legoland.

yunki
    Free Member

Why not wild camp..?

It looks pretty level and well drained here with plenty of space..

IHN

Looks like a long walk to that shower block though

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘where to stay/camp near windsor?’ is closed to new replies.