• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by joat.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where to stay (lodge esque) in Keswick….
  • DrP

I think meand my chums are going to sack off the Ard Rock this year – it’s a brill event, but the rush for tickets, and the price, are putting a few off..

We had a cracking weekend in the FOD a few weeks ago, so fancy heading to the lakes for a few routes there, sometime in July 2018..

Any suggestions of good value, biker friendly lodges that’ll sleep 8-10?

Ideally in or near Keswick, as i want to show other southerners the Borrowdale Bash amongs other routes!

Cheers

DrP

ElShalimo

Bunkhouse at White Horse, Scales (just off A66) is basic but good enough. Pub does good beer and food too.

honeybadgerx

How about the YHA? Just been returned after the flooding, think you can get a room for 8 or certainly two fours.

ton

nice basic bunkhouse at causeway foot. a mile or so outside keswick.
    been with the sweary boys.
    cheaper option is church hall at bassenthwaite. good, clean, cheap. and all to yourselves. need airbeds.

oh and a big dorm at derwent indy hostel. again just outside keswick.

jekkyl

2nded for derwentwater independent hostel. http://www.derwentwater.org/
    We stay there every year. There are lots of rooms. Some of them have 8 beds in, bunk beds! It is actually on the BB route and sits directly underneath Ashness bridge so when you’ve had your tea you can walk up past the waterfall that’s in the grounds and get some altitude. You can see red squirrels whilst having your breakfast. You can walk to keswick or get the boat or get a taxi. Drive up, taxi back late and cycle back to get the car the next day?

pocpoc
    Free Member

For basic camping barn we’ve stayed here before:
    Low Bridge End Farm
    Only a 10 minute drive from Keswick. Pretty basic, mattresses on the floor job but cheap as chips. Also, not sure what bike storage is like as we didn’t have bikes with us.

tomaso
    Free Member

YHA Borrowdale is a perfect location and reasonable rates. It is on the bash route and perfect for bigger stuff such as 4 passes and Rosset Gill etc. Two good pubs nearby and it has an ok bar too.

Have a look at lake and camping barns website if you want ultra basic but beautiful settings.

stevedoc
    Free Member

The YHA is ok in Keswick we were there last week ,but i much prefer the private rooms in Denton Lodge ..really nice place as ok with bikes in rooms too even though they have a secure place out bike for storage. 6 of us stayed there 6 weeks ago , 5 mins walk from the centre where the George is fav for food and beers. and iirc cheaper than the YHA and private parking too not on road like most of Keswick 🙂

joat

Just be aware that there’s a Christian convention in Keswick in July and accommodation gets booked up quickly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where to stay (lodge esque) in Keswick….’ is closed to new replies.