Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Where to stay in December near Kirroughtree ?
  • scruff
    Free Member

Just 1 night, dont really want a ‘normal’ B&B.

snakebite
    Free Member

somewhere cosy….and warm.

thered

Ahhhh

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Beagleboy

I’ve stayed here, http://www.netherbarr.co.uk/ it was a beautiful wee place and an absolute bargain price.

B. 😀

Trekster

give the shop a call http://www.thebreakpad.com/ might know somewhere 😀

Roulercoaster
    Free Member

Here looks good ive booked in for end of Oct – about 30 miles from Kirroughtree i believe, next to Mabie TC and close to Dalbeattie

http://www.marthrownofmabie.com/

pottsathome
    Free Member

It’s 45 from kirry it’s an ok road though. You in the tepee

Roulercoaster
    Free Member

Lol no just the bunkhouse. Fancied a yurt but would rather rough it (aka tight b’stard)

pottsathome
    Free Member

It’s right in the middle of the Forrest very weird seein a tepee in the middle of it. Nice bit though. 45 miles from kirry 10 miles from ae and 20 miles from drumlanrig and obviously nag in the middle of the mabie trails

Roulercoaster
    Free Member

Out of that lot Potts, how would you rank the trails? We’re not downhillers btw.

gingerss
    Free Member

I can recommend Urr Lodge. It’s not exactly close but if you’re planning to visit some other stanes it works out well.

bruneep

Kirro black is a hoot.

Marthrown is just about the roughest bunkhouse I have ever stayed in, one up from a bothie, just about

The yurt looked great the roundhouse, never, I would rather camp

The open air wood fired hot tub was great

pottsathome
    Free Member

Mabie is gold for a quick one round the red. Kirry you need to do the black which is 30 k all in. Ae is a long slog for only a couple of good bits. Drumlanrig black is as natural as it comes really rooty on sections but my favourite by a country mile. Dalbeattie is a nice run as well you ve got the slab and the terrible twins which are good.

Roulercoaster
    Free Member

Thanks Potts.

Over active – now I’m worried, if its crap i’ll get a whole heap of shit from my mates. It looked great on the website 😕

pottsathome
    Free Member

What looked great. The marthrown bit is always busy so it can’t be that bad. Kirry is a nice run just save some energy for the climbs. How long you up for

Roulercoaster
    Free Member

pottsathome – Member
    What looked great. The marthrown bit is always busy so it can’t be that bad. Kirry is a nice run just save some energy for the climbs. How long you up for

The bunkbarn and Marthrown site in general. Just the weekend 29/30th Oct

footstomper
    Free Member

Just spent a weekend doing three of the Stanes Mabie & Dalbette on Saturday and Kirroughtree on the Sunday, we stayed at The Bruce Hotel at Newton Stewart, very clean & comfy rooms very – Freindly Staff (Barman Stayed up till 4am for some of the Lads)- and the Breakfast was superb for those of us who made it down 😀
    Highly Recommended it cost us £40 for the night & is only 10 mins drive away from Kirroughtree

rudedog
    Free Member

The mabie house hotel also has some wooden pods which sleep 4. They are clean and warm plus you can get a cooked breakfast at the hotel. Think they are £40 for a pod.

pottsathome
    Free Member

The pods are awesome and the breakfasts are great or go to the shed which is run by Jemma that’s also great food. The pods have a shower and toilet cubicle and Malcolm who owns the mabie will lock your bikes up safe

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

White Laggan bothy is the place for you Grid Ref: LR 77: NX 467 775

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Where to stay in December near Kirroughtree ?’ is closed to new replies.