Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where to stash picnic on 4hr XC race?
  • sirromj

How do you guys who take picnics with you on long rides store them so you can have quick access to your pork pies, bananas, sticky rice cakes, fritatas, champagne etc?

I want to try and gain a competitive edge by eating on the go without slowing down, and trying to grab food out of plastic bags shoved in my frame bag was a little more awkward than anticipated.

Looked at those stealth bag things that sit on top tube, but have fairly short stem and only a cupple of spacers underneath.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

12 pepperamii’s fit nicely in an XL 29ers seat tube,

Also you could mount the top tube bag against the seat post.

chakaping
    Free Member

Keep it to yourself though, we don’t want every Tom, Dick and Harriet getting one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

steve_b77
    Free Member

I want to try and gain a competitive edge by eating on the go without slowing down, and trying to grab food out of plastic bags shoved in my frame bag was a little more awkward than anticipated.

You chuffin’ what?!?!?!?

sirromj

Those look a little inconvenient to use during a race 🙁

sirromj

You chuffin’ what?!?!?!?

The polythene bags were too big for the food and hung out a bit of the small frame bag and I was concerned about loosing my leek & bacon fritatas I’d baked the night before. I ended up having to stop to grab one and some guy overtook me. I almost stayed on his tail for the remainder of the lap but caught up with him and overtook at the pits. If I had of been able to maintain my salt intake through the ingestion of fritatas I may have avoided losing my focus taking a wrong turn following a guy in flourescent lycra downhill in the wrong direction.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

😆

chakaping
    Free Member

I sometimes tape cocktail sausages to my top tube for races.

Might not work so well with frittata though.

I think you need to invest in one of these…

nickjb
    Free Member

I put chocolaty snacks in small plastic bags then hang them from a tree around the course. I can just grab one and eat. Much faster. Might have forgotten a few so if you see a spare one help yourself.

thecaptain
    Free Member

My stoker has a mahoosive saddle bag fixed onto her handlebars, she can get out the bread, cold cuts etc and make a few sarnies and pour me a beer while I’m pedalling along.

Northwind

I don’t know about XC but in an enduro you hide your hamper behind a tree the day before.

oldnpastit

… 4hr XC race

… picnics with you on long rides…

Is this a picnic, or a 4hr XC race?

If the latter, shove gels in your jersey pocket and/or tape them to your top tube.

Gels are horrid mind, but it’s a race.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where to stash picnic on 4hr XC race?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts