Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Where to spend a day in the Alps – without bikes
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

On the return leg of our euro road-trip, and want to swing through the Alps – will be after visiting Lake Garda, and on the way to Paris hopefully.

Would like a campsite, some nice mountain roads, good views, a lake to swim in, and maybe somewhere we can hike for a couple hours.

We want to pop into Switzerland for a bit, but not for too long as it’s mega expensive. Ideally on small roads to avoid the vignette.

Google has the route from Lake Garda to Paris passing by Mont Blanc and then south of Geneva, which sounds good – any recommendations for other options, places worth stopping off etc?

When we were in Morzine a few years ago we loved Lake Montriond, but it’s a bit out of the way, and I’m sure there’s even nicer spots around?

Ta, Duane.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Annecy. It’s beautiful.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

We’ve just done 2 weeks staying Chamonix with the children. Loads to see and do. We spent half our days there, loads to do including cable car up to Aguilla de midi etc and half our days exploring further a fields.

Chamonix would be a great place to stay, but I can’t argue with cbmotorsport, Annecy is beautiful and you wouldn’t be disappointed ther (although I did wonder what all the fuss was about on the way in).

csb

Wengen/Lauterbrunnen is the best place we’ve been without bikes. Not cheap mind.

captain-slow
    Free Member

Annecy – where I will be moving to when I win the lottery

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Chamonix is where I’ll be moving to when I win the lottery twice

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I need to win a lot as I’d like a place in both…….

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Not sure of what route youu are taking “passing Mt Blanc”
    Maybe st Gervais is on your route some nice walks from there and railway up towards Cham or even on to slopes of Mt Blanc, thermal baths are good as is the walk up the gorge behind them, Servos just up the road for the “Dragon” gorge again worth a visit. Theres also 2 topv mahoosive shops for outdoor stuff.

Steve77
    Free Member

Chamonix is one of the few places with lifts still open so I’d go there as it’s quite nice to get a lift up for any hiking

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Where to spend a day in the Alps – without bikes’ is closed to new replies.