Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • where to source a couple of "idler rollers"
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Im looking for something like the DMR tension seeker 2 roller – without splurging 30 odd note on the whole kit to throw half of it away.

Mooching around on the interweb reveals no bother getting the orange/black nylon “MRP” style rollers but for this purpose i need 2 that look like the roller on here. – and it would be even better if the side plates were nylon to keep the noise down , like the old DMR lower BB mounted guide used to be.

Has anyone seen these for sale on their own on their travels ? the same things used on surlys tensioner but still i cant find spares on their own.

I could whip something up with a couple of jockey wheels and some washers how ever its unlikely ill find washers with the correct ID for a snug fit on the axle and it’ll rattle like a bam (although this will be a last resort)

duncancallum

Sewing machine parts supplier or look for window regulators on cars they use cable n idlers

trail_rat
    Free Member

Dutchbikebits had a bunch of recumbent roller options that have come up trumps for what i want 🙂

My chainruns huge and chain hits the frame on bumps . Does my napper in , factory solution is a 150 quid set of rollers- that looks like something someone in yorkshire knocked up in a shed.

They can swivel.

Del
    trail_rat
    Free Member

cheers del , but i need to have teeth on the out bound chain run at least as itll be under tension

i did find this gem which i might nick and modify a little to get a jocky wheel in there as well …..

http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/idler/idler.htm

basically use the drill press as a lathe to hollow out some skateboard/skate wheel- reckon if i turn the inner OD down to the ID of where the bearing sits in an aftermarket jockey wheel or small cassette cog – then cut the wheel in half , then press it onto what ever cog i use – then araldite it back together sandwiching the cog between the 2 halfs of the wheel as a guide. – or screw or any number of methods of fixing it ….

job would be done and should be quiet to boot – PU should be quieter than nylon as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘where to source a couple of "idler rollers"’ is closed to new replies.