Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Where to sell a car?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Been a long time since I’ve sold a car. Where is the best place to sell one nowadays. It’s just this one so it’s not much money. I know autotrader is always first port of call but where else should I try?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

what area are you in ?

loddrik
    Free Member

Liverpool

loddrik
    Free Member

Anyone?

coopersport1
    Free Member

Some detest it/think it’s too risky but I’ve never had a problem buying or selling cars on eBay, just plan for the fees. My last 5/6 cars have been bought and sold there (some outside of auction after viewings) never had a problem
    Think more cars are sold through the site now than are on Autotrader

PiknMix
    Free Member

eBay classified ads have sold cars for me in the past. Also had luck on owners forums.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Ebay and pistonheads.

djglover
    Free Member

I have used ebay for the last 3 of the last 4 cars I sold. Easy if its a well looked after desirable car. The last one, however, a 330i BMW was a nightmare, non paying bidders and not a lot of interest in general. Sold it to webuyanycar in the end… Actually got an OK price, I suspect they didn’t make a great deal out of it at auction as its up for sale at a dealer now with £900 mark up.

hora
    Free Member

Ok, what sort of history does it have and when was the last pump/belt change?

Pricewise how does it compare to other similar cars?

Personally I’d drop the price and offer it to local indie dealers. Some will insult you but some will know a local mech/have a deal where they’ll sort then retail on for 3.5k+. I’m GUESSING but I don’t think you’d get more than 1.7k in its current form. No private buyer will buy a car with those lights on. They’ll assume you’ve tried/gotten a nasty estimate.

Therefore only traders will be interested. Sorry- I’m being honest.

I paid peanuts recently for a 07 Xsara Picasso that needed a new Climate control unit, integrated CD player and one or two other things. (self sorting).

Again, please don’t get offended.

steveh

Ebay classified and forget the rest. £15 for month advert and much better for sales in my experience over the last 5 years. Autotrader is a shell of it’s former self and much quieter/less visited than ebay.

loddrik
    Free Member

No private buyer will buy a car with those lights on. They’ll assume you’ve tried/gotten a nasty estimate.

That’s a nonsense statement right there 😆

nickjb
    Free Member

100% eBay

parkesie
    Free Member

Engine and steering lights on will make it hard to shift. Get them sorted or sell on a ebay auction and see what it goes for.

hora
    Free Member

See it from a strangers perspective: From your description it really does sound like big hidden bills as a garage wouldn’t just fit sensors, they’d look at why the warning lights were on. Turning the lights off (masking) before the MOT is weird. Why not just sort the issue?

The scratches etc- Other Tourans will have these as its a family bus however with the warning lights no one buy it unless its a punt/gamble. As above Ebay with as much info as possible and a low reserve.

loddrik
    Free Member

To be fair I’m asking £2k less than similar cars in good condition so I’m not worried that it won’t sell. I’ll have no trouble shifting it at the price I’m asking. Just need to know where to sell it.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Hate to say bit agree with hora. Looking at buying one of these at the mo and seen quite a few. Would not touch one with lights on – even if “just sensors”. Quite a few about and not that desirable (but I do like them). Looks like an honest car and you are obviously honest in describing it….. So eBay classifieds prob the way to go on this. Sell to dealer with no risk. Good luck anyway…. And if you don’t shift and do want to sell for less I may take the risk 😉

loddrik
    Free Member

Thanks but it’s priced pretty well. I’ll give ebay a go and swerve autotrader.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yup to be fair it is priced well…. Good luck with the sale!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Where to sell a car?’ is closed to new replies.