Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Where to sell a car?
  • leonidbrezhnev
    Free Member

Haven’t done this for years, as I’ve always traded in – but as I’ve been offered such a paltry amount by a dealer against a new car, I’m thinking of selling privately. Valuation between private sale and trade-in is over £3k.

However, not looking forwards to dealing with dodgy motor trade types, so firstly, is it worth the hassle, and if it is, where’s best to advertise?

Any advice welcome.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Been a few threads on here about this over the last week. Selling a car myself at the moment, and the consensus seem to be Ebay first (flat £15 fee for a 28 day classified sale – if you’re naughty, pull the add once it’s sold and even save this…..) followed by Autotrader (~£30 for 2 weeks on the web only, rising in cost from that – expect spam and cold calling…..).

Trying Ebay this time, but the add only went up at lunchtime, so we’ll see…..

NJA

I asked a few weeks ago, and got replies that indicated E-bay and Auto Trader.

Put it on e-bay on Sunday Night – Sold by Tuesday Lunchtime £15 flat fee for classified ad, I was very happy.

I also put it on Gumtree, but only because it was free to list.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

I just sold mine on ebay last week. Put your phone number on the advert, so any buyer can contact you direct. I got a decent cash offer within 12 hours of listing it. Can’t ask for much more than that really

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Hmm – interesting post. Last time I tried the two I found Auto Trader to be the most successful way to sell – Ebay seemed full of people just wanting bargain prices.

And as I have a car I am about to sell I guess Ebay might be worth consideration – I assume there is no final price fee then? Just the insertion fees?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Where to sell a car?’ is closed to new replies.