Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where to search for work
  • simonlovell999
    Free Member

I have been out of work 18 months – far too long and need to get back to a half decent job. I look for various vacancies everyday on jobcentre, agentcies, jobsite, monster etc. I apply for a lot of jobs where I more than capable doing the job (it suppport) but looking for the lower end – factory work/warehouse work – temp to perm. But there seems there is a lack of supply and a very high demand. Like 250 people or a lot more can apply for each job going. Its driving me up the wall and getting very annoying. I live in Bristol and I am looking further afield if I can get there, by bus or train. So what to do…

I know public sector is up in the air, retail only part time

KINGTUT
    Free Member

but looking for the lower end – factory work/warehouse work – temp to perm

Simon send me your CV; mikeATtutton-recruitmentDOTcoDOTuk, I can't make any promises but I do do T2P, however without looking at your CV I'd guess that you don't get short listed as you are too qualified and prospective employers will think that you will leave as soon as a suitable IT job comes along.

mattp
    Free Member

have you tried linkedin? i know it's "just another network site" but it has helped some of the ppl that i know get back in touch with ex colleagues that are in work…

simonlovell999
    Free Member

kingtut, i have emailed my cv. thanks

mattp – i am just checking linkedin. can i mail you a profile link?

Trekster

get yourself a stacker drivers licence for warehousing jobs.

Do/doing some voluntary work?

mattp
    Free Member

simonlovell999 – Member

mattp – i am just checking linkedin. can i mail you a profile link?

of course use my email in the profile..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Try your local nursing home. minimum wage work cleaning or a bit above doing care work. Nursing homes are always desperate for staff.

MoreCashThanDash

Recent article on the local news – guy in a similar situation stood at a busy roundabout in the rush hour with a big sandwich board saying "Please give me a job".

In appalling weather – soaked to the skin etc.

Guy with a small business was so impressed at his effort that he picked him up, drove him to the factory, gave him a cup of tea to warm him up, interviewed him and offered him a position.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where to search for work’ is closed to new replies.