Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where to ride West/North West of the M25
  • strike
    Free Member

I’m planning to meet up with a friend for a day ride this Saturday – I’m driving down from Peterborough, and he’s driving up from Gatwick. I’m trying to find somewhere to ride that’s kind of in-the-middle. I did initially think of the Chilterns, but I’m expecting that’s going to be a bit claggy this time of the year? I’d rather not drive down as far as Swinley/North Downs.

All suggestion greatfully received!

soobalias
    Free Member

chilterns aint too bad just yet, its been a pretty dry year.

Kryton57

Epping Forest? I know its further east but actually not much in terms of drivable times.

Its still firm on the trails, although the more open trails had a slick wet layer on top its not too bad. The sund is predicated to we bout and its fairly breezy which usually has the effect of drying epping forest out. Should be good by Saturday.

You’ll also get a really good ham roll from Carl’s tea hut to have a chat over.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slowboydickie

Aston hill an option but probably as far as Swinley. Swinley not that far when you consider most of driving on motorway.

wingnuts

Woburn is just off the M1 Junction 13. Conditions vary but good choice of riding.

strike
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies – we’ve settled on Swinley!

Anyone know link where I can see marked trail maps, there?

sugdenr
    Free Member

Search Google images for swinleysingletrack.jpg

sugdenr
    Free Member

And dont miss the new bit at stickler, and pay your day fee to support the effort put in to the trails for your benefit

simon_g

Just in case you’re not settled on Swinley, you could try parts of the Bucks Off-Road Sportive route. Starts at Denham, just off J16 of the M25.

Route details and GPX files here: http://www.bucksoffroadsportive.co.uk/index-3.html

jedi

personally, i’d go to the surrey hill. nirvana cycles do guided rides round there or someone off the forum might hook you up 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride West/North West of the M25’ is closed to new replies.