Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Where to ride tomorrow?
  • ebennett

Anyone been up the Peak around Ladybower the past few days? What are the conditions like? Was thinking about doing a loop of cutthroat, spud alley, and Lockerbrook but some sections might be a bit manky. Had a look on KotP twitter but didn’t see anything for that area other than a big puddle (pond) on Win Hill.

Alternatively, might head to Llandegla or CYB. What sounds best (I’m being indecisive)?

trusty

No idea on peaks conditions but hasn’t CYB got an enduro on this weekend? Not sure if it’ll all be open

ebennett

That scratches that option then!

trusty

I’d double check to make sure I haven’t got my wires crossed, but pretty it’s this weekend

docrobster
    Free Member

Not directly answering your question but I did cut gate this morning. Wouldn’t normally ride it at this time of year but had to drop my daughter off for duke of Edinburgh expedition at 9 at langsett barn so seemed rude not too.
    Obviously the wet/peaty section at the top was incredibly wet but the rocky bits were all fine. I would imagine that lockerbrook the beast potato alley are all fine. Would avoid wlt to cutthroat bridge.

jekkyl

in the past I’ve always been a ‘natural is best’ kinda rider but switched around recently and can’t keep away my local trail centre… Cannock. The riding is so much more interesting and involving, you’re constantly looking for the next obstacle/berm/rock/drop etc. I still love natural riding but for pure riding fun it has to be a trail centre.

ebennett

Yeah, rode degla the other week though so fancied a change. Cannock might be a good shout, not been there in years.

gorillainthepeak
    Free Member

Rode up Whinstone Lee Tor on weds night, it was boggy in the usual places near Cutthroat but generally pretty good. Hagg and Lockerbrook on the other side of the Res will be decent. Raining at the moment though.

Have a good one.

beiciwr64
    Free Member

[/quote]CYB got an enduro on this weekend? Not sure if it’ll all be open

Welsh enduro on Sunday,one day event,some will be practising tomorrow.
    3 stages,2 stages on the old Red Bull track now called the Tarw and one next to the centre,Beginning of the End.
    The event starts off over the road at the old CYB cafe.
    Rest of CYB should be normal.

bavariangaz
    Free Member

Did you manage to get out?
    Wondering what it’s like around Ladybower. Week day off work so don’t want to waste it!

gorillainthepeak
    Free Member

I was out Sunday and it was pretty wet from Lockerbrook north down to the Reservoir and up Whinstone Lee Tor. It’s put down quite a lot of rain since last Friday round here.

Only around Cutthroat will be really boggy though, just slippy elsewhere. Will upload a vid if I get chance later.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where to ride tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.